Out of My Mind - A Kingdom Hearts Cross-Confusion Story: Chapter 2

-          Riku’s Point of View

My alarm went off at 7:30am. Unlike Sora, I knew how to sleep in a bit and still manage time. Knowing him, he’s probably making someone exhausted from seeing him so cheery in the morning. I took a shower and brushed my teeth and made my way downstairs. I popped a waffle into the toaster and took out a bottle of water and drank half of it. The waffle popped up and that was it for my breakfast, washing it down with water again.

There was a knock on the back door. I could see Kairi and I motioned her to come in. She moved the sliding door and left her shoes out there. “Morning, Riku. You think Sora’s up?”

“You think he’s not?” Riku teased. “Let’s face it, he’s the lightest sleeper you’ve ever met. He can’t sleep through any noise at all. Nor can he ignore the sun. It’s like he’s made for the day.”

Kairi laughed. “Yeah, he’s hopeless. Let’s go” she smiled. We waited outside of Sora’s house for few minutes. Then ten. Where was he? Normally he would have jumped out the window if he kept us waiting this long. Kairi pulled out her phone to call him. “Sora, where are you? Riku and I have been waiting in front of your house forever!” she yelled. She listened in on what he had to say. “Why do you need that?” she asked, hesitant to know.

“Need what?” I asked as she agreed and hung up the phone. “What?”

“Come on, Riku, we’re going to need to pick up some stuff from my place” Kairi urged as we started to run. “Sora found knocked out girl. She’s drenched.” She unlocked the door and ran to her room. Like a decent human being, I at least remembered to take my shoes off and walk up. Of course by then, she threw half of her wardrobe on her bed. “Ugh, there’s nothing!” she groaned.

I raised an eyebrow in confusion. “That’s nothing?”

“Yes! I mean, we don’t know her! What if she’s really tiny? The clothes may be too big, but if it was the opposite, some impression I made! Girls are self-conscious about their bodies, I can’t ruin her esteem! Oh my goodness what if she was formerly fat? She could be freaking out from wearing baggy clothes! Or what if she went through some traumatic thing and she can’t stand it—there are people who were forced out of weight and are too skinny because of society’s horrible image that destroys girls! What if she ran away because she was pregnant and had a baby bump? Or maybe she’s allergic to polyester! What if—” Kairi was pulling at her hair, pacing and she was rambling. When she freaks out like this you got to stop her.

I held onto her shoulders and stopped her in her place. “Kairi. Just…” I peered over to her pile. “Get her that shirt and those sweatpants. I’m sure that’s good enough.” I assured her.

“Okay, but if she’s one of those girls who by some sort of religion cannot wear pants, it’s on you. And get that sweater behind you. The blue one, she might not like pink.” Kairi said, walking into the bathroom. “Here’s the hairbrush, and some ties…what if she wears make up? I don’t have any. Just some chap stick. Oh but what if she needs something for her esteem. Or um, what else would she need. Well, she’s not bleeding, I know that much, or else Sora would have freaked. Oh, um, towel. And…”

“Nothing else, let’s go!” I yelled at her.

“Sorry, sorry.” She said, sneaking something into her pocket.

She’s not secretive, it was so obvious. “What was that?” I asked.

She sighed. “All purpose acne cream? Oh don’t give me that look, she’s going to care.” She huffed. I raised my hands up and shrugged, looking away. No use in arguing now. If it was one thing you need to know about her, she always does her best to help people when she can. She hates being useless and does all in her best interest to help. Rest assured she’s not always this…Panicky.