Out of My Mind - A Kingdom Hearts Cross-Confusion Story: Chapter 3

Chapter Three

We all looked at Sora. “What? With the way she described her world, seems to me like it’s not in this galaxy. I mean, no magic? That’s insane! What do you do for some action around there? It’s like kids doing drugs” But that was just it. Where I come from, fighting battles isn’t everything and the authorities have a screwed up way of trying to avoid it and making all points of it look like that. I was about to say that it’s actually true but he stopped me. “No, please don’t get that image in my head!” he was right about that. I only heard it on the news but I knew it existed. The sheer thought of it was sickening.

I gave it a thought—the universe, not the kids—and thought that he might be right. “Okay, suppose that is true, how could I even get back?” Living here would be a dream but I’m pretty sure that it would backfire. They always have a weird habit of doing so.

“You said the people who kidnapped you said you needed a trip, right? Maybe you’re supposed to live here.” Riku suggested.

When it came to philosophy about different worlds he always did say stuff like this where it was due. “I wish, but what about my parents? They’re already mad about one thing, I’m pretty sure if I turn back from ‘running away’ I’ll be on house arrest for life. If I come home unharmed they’re not going to believe I was kidnapped, especially by people on a train made by our guardians that sent me to a world that doesn’t exist…that I’ve always dreamed of…Oh gods” My stomach was churning. I held onto it, bending over a bit, breathing deeply.

“What’s wrong?” Xion bounced up from the couch and rushed over.

It was all starting to kick in, what was happening. A lot just happened to me, it’s a wonder how I managed to be okay when I woke up. “…I think I’m going to be sick.” Everyone looked at me.

“Take her to the bathroom!” Roxas called out on quick reflexes.

Xion escorted me there quickly and I threw up in the toilet. Not how I want to make my first impression, but I can’t change that this just happened and boy could I wish I did. But I guess this is how I know that this is real. I never did know how girls could keep their cool in the stories—you know even when they didn’t start off getting hit by something.

I wiped the tears from my eyes as I leaned my back on the wall. “I’m sorry, you guys. I—” I patted my eyes again (I closed them, of course). “I don’t have my glasses. Well, it’s a good thing they were only for reading” I let out a sad little laugh. I stood up and open the tap to wash my face and came out.

“It’s okay, Sora told us what happened. It must be hard for you to be so far away from home.” Xion understood, sympathetically.

We walked back to the others and something smelled good in the kitchen. There was a plate of pancakes and fruits next to a bottle of water. “Vani made it, it’s so good!” Sora encouraged.

“Vanitas did?” I looked at him. Based off of what I know, he wasn’t exactly the do-things-for-others type.

 “He wouldn’t stop staring at me until I would do it so shut up and eat.” He glared.

I sat down at the kitchen table ready to eat when Ventus sat in front of me with gleaming eyes. “Are we really video game characters?!” he asked, ever so anxious.

I stuffed a strawberry in my mouth and nodded. “It’s true. You were on the PSP, I don’t know if you’ve got that here…” I explained, while eating. Talking with my mouth full wasn’t polite, but I never said I was a lady. “This is so good! I’d never take you for a cook, Vanitas.”

He rolled his eyes and scoffed. “You think Xehanort can? The old man could only burn things and I got tired of take out. Like hell I was going to eat garbage.” He said, walking away. Ventus turned around, pulling down his left bottom eyelid and stuck out his tongue.