Chapter Twenty Seven

Okay so I was meant to upload this an hour ago, but as soon as I started this chapter, my mother came into the room holding the next book in a series I'm reading and I screamed, charged towards the book, and tripped over my computer charger and the computer fell off the table and the battery broke out...
Welcome to the life of Libby Blake!
Enjoy this chapter, let me know what you think in the comments :)

Language warning (shit is said a few times)

Libby xx

Rebekah almost wet herself in terror as she stared into Raven's black eyes. She'd seen what happened to the last guy who provoked her and she wasn't overly fond of being slammed into a truck. Raven – was it even Raven anymore? – was still as her eyes darted back and forth, her nose flaring.

"Vampire." She whispered, no emotion coating her words. Rebekah stiffened, trying to look around her subtly. One aspect of her operation that she regretted was that her wolf senses didn't stay with her. She was useless. Her heart clutched as Rebekah realised that there were who knows how many vampires around them, and they were up against an unstable wolf and a human.

"Raven." The human said sternly, keeping her voice low. She swept her gaze around the forest carefully before looking to the black-eyed wolf. "I need you to run as fast as you can back to the cabin."

The young wolf's eyes gradually faded back to a wide and panicking grey. Tousling her red curls with her hands, Raven stared at Rebekah as though she could somehow stop the vampires. "I-I..."

"You need to run Raven." Rebekah sternly said, glaring at Raven to move. But the young wolf saw the fear behind the golden-brown eyes. She didn't realise just how useless the human was against the vampires; she was panicking too much. The pup started to hyperventilate as Rebekah's human senses picked up sounds from behind them. They're closing in.

"Raven, listen to me!" Rebekah pulled them lower into the tree behind them, but the chances of Raven getting back to the cabin to warn the others were slimming. "Head back and warn Thalia and Elijah, tell them what's happened, and tell my family I-"

Raven whimpered at Rebekah's tone, panic blocking everything from her mouth. She had too many words running through her head, of pure terror and fear, and her wolf was snarling. Her wolf pushed against her head, the migraine returning, and Raven could feel her eyes start to burn. Rebekah paused for a moment, before shoving her away from the tree.

"GO!" She roared, and Raven swore she could hear a growl in her voice. With trembling limbs Raven pushed herself off the leaf-littered ground and started to run towards the cabin again. She kept looking back at Rebekah's crouched form against the tree, her feet stumbling as she saw the desperate and determined gaze of the brunette human. Raven barely blinked, Rebekah's eyes changing to panic, as something hit her hard at the side of her head. Her wolf roared as she lost consciousness.

Rebekah herself was left in complete fear as a vampire picked up Raven's limp body, blood dripping from her head wound, and walked into the forest as the shadows swallowed him up. Her head snapped to in front of her as three vampires appeared in her vision. One of them had a vicious sneer on his face, red eyes bright.

"I can smell your fear." He crouched to her level, extending a finger under her trembling chin. His blood-orbs seemed to pulse as his nostrils flared. "I wonder if it tastes as good..."

Rebekah would have snapped her teeth into his retched finger if he hadn't have moved in time. The vampire glared down at her in a mix of anger and impression. The smirk on his face faltered as the two vampires behind him hissed at the human's attempt to fight back.