Chapter Eighteen

Hey everyone! 7/21

Now I said I would do a 21 Chapter upload in three weeks, but I've only managed seven. I'm so sorry I didn't reach the goal; it wasn't that I wasn't motivated to but I just had a lot of other personal matters pop up! I'm so sorry, I will continue updating as soon as I can.

Apologies again, hope you enjoy this chapter (it's really long and intense :P )

Libby xx

After Kelly had packed suitable New York clothes for Raven, and Elijah gathered some food for the three of them, Thalia led her two companions into the Big Apple. Skyscrapers glistened in the midday sun as they walked down one of many streets towards their destination. Greg had messaged ahead to Detective Morgan to alert her of the trio's approach. The Princess's head was high as she trotted to Morgan's office.

Rebekah herself, she was sitting at her desk in her office when the email had popped up. She'd recognised the code almost immediately; a former Theta, third-in-command pack wolf, like herself knew the secret messages the Royals sent out. This one was basic. Quickly gather all the information you can about the enemy. The Homicide Detective had just coincidently closed another case, giving her the weekend off. Rebekah had planned on spending it with her husband and daughter, but she knew that plan was out the window when the Royal's call came through. She now sat at her desk in her shiny office at her precinct and waited for the Princess of the Wolves to arrive.

The Princess herself had stopped a few metres away from the New York Police Department, away from the camera's eyes, and turned to Raven. The poor girl was clutching Thalia's arm the entire journey through the towering city with an alarmed expression on her face. Elijah scowled at her expression, before remembering that she'd probably never seen a city before... at least that she could remember.

"Raven... I'm going to have to ask you to stay outside." Thalia spoke gently as she lay a hand over Raven's scarred one that rested on her arm. The grey eyes seemed to widen even more. The Princess glimpsed a flash of pain in her eyes as they brightened to an alarming white.

"W-What?" The red-head gasped. "Why??"

"Because you'll be too obvious in there; humans are not as stupid as most wolves think." Elijah butted in before he pointed at the bench beside them. "Stay here and we'll come back in about an hour."

"But-"

"Stay." Elijah commanded with a glaring eye. Raven's lip trembled as her legs gave out and she collapsed on the bench. Large eyes stared into Elijah's soul as she mentally begged they wouldn't leave her. The Hunter hesitated but turned to his mate and led her towards the Police Department.

Thalia's dark eyes gave him a cold look he was starting to get used to but walked up the stairs and into the building. Before she entered the doors, the Princess glanced at Raven briefly. She could see her head hung low and her shoulders stiff before Elijah pushed her inside.

They were guided onto Rebekah's working floor and the lift doors opened to the Homicide Detective's partners-in-crime. Literally. Elijah took a deep breath as he and Thalia stepped out from the lift and looked around. With four rows of desks in the middle of the floor, at least twenty detectives sat down and were furiously typing away. A few looked up and stared at the couple before them but paid no mind to them. The rows were surrounded with six large offices; one was a space for planning cases. You could see the large boards through the glass doors. Another was a coffee/tea break room, and the other four were for the head Homicide Detectives; one for each row. Elijah glimpsed movement from the office to the right of them; of a tall light brunette woman walking out towards them.