Chapter Twenty Four

Enjoy! Hope you guys like this chapter, let me know what you think in the comments :)

Libby xx

The Master of the Vampires licked his lips with greed as he crept closer towards the camouflaged castle. His green eyes were glowing with vengeance as he followed the treeline towards the back entrance of the Royal's home – the plan was working so far.

The moon dagger was growing hotter as he shuffled closer in a crouch. He was breathing ever-so-quietly, aware that he couldn't alert the guarding wolves to his whereabouts.

The plan had been simple. When the head of security, Jackson O'Hara, left the castle to go back to his mate, Buchannan Blood will merely walk into the castle of the Queen.... And carve into her heart with her father's blade.

A wicked grin spread across his cheeks, a twitching hand flinching towards the weapon strapped to his thigh, and paused against a trunk.

With a look to his right and left, his nostrils flaring as he detected where his foe's guards were he sprinted with inhuman speed. He could feel his blood pumping with adrenaline as he carefully crept into the shadows of the castle wall, its stone bricks pressed against his cold back. As he was breathing away his old age, Buchannan also felt another liquid swirl in his blood stream. His mind briefly flew back to the bottles of blood that were lined in a fraying crate at the make-shift campsite only a few hundred kilometres from here.

Wolf blood.

He had enough in his system to injure any other vampire; but as a Master of them all he was only majorly exhausted. Buchannan couldn't run too far or too much, that sprint had left him breathless, but he craved his vengeance... he craved the blood of his enemy. The deranged leader wasn't waiting any longer.

Like the shadows coating him, Buchannan slowly crept along the wall of the castle until he reached a large wooden door. Gulping down the lack of energy holding him back, he heaved open the door and jumped inside the Royal's stronghold.

I'm in...

Buchannan's shock was quickly overcome as he heard the sound of patrol paws heading his way. He dared not breathe as he carefully moved with as much speed as he dared, his muscles straining for him to run to his foe's chambers and slay her but it took all of his willpower to hold himself back. He was out of the way of the guards' sight and continued his merry way towards his destination.

He licked his lips and the vampire's eye twitched as he followed the way he'd highlighted on his blueprints. He was running the plan on his feet – focusing took strain on his mind, along with the wolf blood in his system, but he was not going to give up when he was so close... not now.

Buchannan could taste his victory on his lips but it was short-lived when a shadow passed over the floorboards beneath him.

He slid against the wall to his left and held his breath as the figure walked across the path in front of him. Buchannan's lungs burned slightly as he had his lips pursed. The figure paused briefly, angling his head... but he carried on walking. The Master of the Vampires breathed again as the guard walked on his patrol route.

Bending low, Buchannan followed the map in his mind of the corridors before him, turning when he needed to. He paused as the corridor forked; left or right. He knew that he had to turn left to end up outside the Royal Chambers, but the Vampire Master also knew that there were two guards doing their job outside the door.