Chapter Thirty One

Hope you guys enjoy! These next few chapters are going to be small and suspense-filled, so I hope you're prepared for the rollercoaster ride ;)

Let me know what you think,

Libby xx

The vampire doctor soiled himself as he saw the large black beast standing in the doorway, saliva dripping down its teeth. Its smoking muzzle and paws were giving the only indication that the contact with silver was still dangerous to her. Dark gold eyes glowing in fury - a wet snarl sent shivers down the neck of the vampire doctor and he let go of the rope holding the chains down, sprinting out of the compound.

Buchannan, however, was smiling... but he wasn't moving. The large black wolf was half the height of the doorway, and although Raven's human form was malnourished, the obsidian beast seemed to have fed off her pain and fear over the years. It was gigantic, almost filling up the doorway itself, and jam-packed with enough strength to send Buchannan flying... but it wasn't. Even though her wolf was raging against her heart, Raven was struggling for the slightest bit of control. She was holding back her wolf as much as she could to not kill the vampire but she couldn't hold out forever.

Raven had voluntarily shifted into her wolf – after who knows how long – but she hadn't expected another force to be controlling that other side of her.

The midnight wolf's ears twitched as he heard a vampire scream in the distance before being abruptly cut off but she ignored the cry. Crouching low, her eyes locked onto the Master Vampire. He was still staring with illuminating green orbs but he slowly started to walk to the left, giving Raven the view of Thalia and Elijah trapped under the toxic chains.

The chains had sunk into the Princess's skin, and would soon go through her entire body if they weren't removed soon. She was dying at her feet, and Elijah couldn't push the heavy weight off of him to help his mate. Buchannan was killing the Princess... her Princess... her saviour.

Her wolf sank its claws into the concrete floor, as well as into Raven's heart. Elijah gulped when he saw her eyes transition from gold to black, but were back in a heartbeat. The darkness in her mind was closing in all around her now, pushing Raven to strike. To kill... Just one movement of her jaw. She pressed against the walls of her mind, but Raven's deranged wolf was in control.

Raven's wolf took a few steps towards the pair on the floor, ever aware of Buchannan's eyes on her sleek onyx body. The wolf couldn't stop snarling at the stench of his presence. He was foul, and needed to go.

Please! Raven begged to her wolf.

Save Thalia and Elijah, he's done enough!

Save them!!

Please!

The beast's snarls died down to quiet rumbles in its chest, as another scream sounded from outside; no doubt the doctor being slaughtered from one of the wolves looking for its Princess. The large wolf reached down and bit onto one of the sides of the silver chain net, barely feeling the burning of her gums.

"Almost..." Buchannan whispered. "You need one more dose."

Thalia screamed as Raven's wolf eyes shifted to black, with smoke seemingly pouring over the edges of her eyes, and as the silver was suddenly thrown off her burnt body. Raven flung herself in Buchannan's direction, taking the silver net with her. The Vampire yelled as the heavy chains slammed into him with a force so strong he went through the wall behind him. The raven wolf was viciously snarling towards the broken wall as Raven herself rooted the wolf's paws. His death wasn't hers to take, not with all the horrible things he had done to others as well.