Chapter Thirty Four

Just letting you all know that I am currently in the process of moving house over the next few days - I don't have internet at my new house until Friday, but I will be writing up as much as I can. I want to finish Behind Enemy Lines for you by Halloween! 

@josemiguel69 - get better soon, and I hope this brightens your week :)

Libby xx 
P.S. I'm not sorry for the cliff-hanger ;)

"Buchannan Blood." The Wolf King's voice boomed over the field, sending chills down everyone's spine. "You ask for death by being here."

The Master vampire shrugged. "The dear Lady Seraphina brought it on herself ever since she was born!"

Elliot snarled at the mention of his mate, aware that she was with their daughter in the castle. The monster before them had captured the two when they were only pups, his psycho bitten-daughter Meredith drowning them in silver and stealing his blood for the ability to shift. Meredith had poisoned the mind of his little sister, Lorraine, ruining her idea of mates for eternity. Buchannan had held Seraphina for years, and even tried to murder his little girl. 

No, Buchannan had brought this on himself. The King was done with his schemes – but he didn't want to sacrifice his wolves on him

"There is still a chance." He spat out each word like poison. "Buchannan, you can turn away from this and undergo a proper trial. No more lives lost."

"MY DAUGHTER IS DEAD!" Buchannan roared, eyes flashing viciously. The vampires behind him flinched in unison, as his face softened into kindness. "I wonder why yours isn't..."

Elliot bared his teeth; a silent wish in his eyes. Bastard. If he kept talking then he was going to lose control, and the King knew that's what the Master wanted. 

"The sound of Meredith's neck snapping was music to my ears." 

Buchannan's face dropped. Cold. Malice frosted his vision. "Nothing like the sound of a Priestess's wail – that's a symphony." 

King Elliot's gaze shifted dark, limbs trembling, but a 'huff' from Jackson's wolf stopped him from shifting. They needed to be sure before unleashing hell on him – they couldn't eviscerate the whole vampire species without a good reason; there were so few of them left.

Buchannan's nose twitched, and the corners of his mouth twitched up. "Oh Reaper!" He called and Raven shivered behind a tree. "Come on out Reaper!" 

Elijah Griffin crouched in front of the frightened girl, knives angled in front of him, as a majority of the Vampire Army spun to face them. Lara and Thalia started to snarl and spit, teeth slamming against their gums in a challenge for them to charge.

King Elliot locked eyes with his younger sister, and Thalia raised her munching jaws as she walked around the army. Lara stayed in front of Elijah and Raven, and while Thalia was grateful, the Princess of the Wolves was desperate to rip out the throats of the vampires in front of her. The marred golden wolf edged between the Royal Army and her crew, still viciously snarling. Some of the vampires hissed back, crouched and ready to strike at her. Thalia barked, stomping and scraping her claws against the ground. Her heart pounded, lungs straining, and her throat burned. She knew that blood was about to be shed, and as a wolf, she knew the one thing she could do before her teeth sank into foreign flesh.

The molten wolf took two steps forward, her neck straining as she lifted her muzzle to the full moon above her, and howled. A clear challenge echoed throughout the lands as the Princess of the Wolves prayed to the Moon Goddess in the sky – a challenge of war. As her empowering howl peaked, another molten wolf howled.