Chapter Twenty Eight

Hey everyone! This is the next chapter of Behind Enemy Lines, and there are officially thirteen chapters left! Sorry about the cliff-hanger on the last chapter... not really ;) Let me know what you think! Also this is a small chapter, a filler one really, so prepare for the next few!

Also, I recommend getting some ice cream for this chapter and the next one...

Libby xx

Raven's head was pounding as she broke the surface of the darkness. She blinked with a large headache already coming, and tried to focus on what was around her. With a foggy vision, she looked around but only saw the outlines of three people...

No...

Memories from what happened prior to her blacking out assaulted her brain, her headache flaring, and Raven whimpered. The blurry silhouettes moved and Raven shut her eyes. Her lip trembled when she felt a hand on her head. It was cold, rough... like him. The wolf shivered when she realised that she was back on a cold slab, like one she was on before she was rescued...

"She's coming around." One of the silhouettes said, but not the one behind her head. Raven felt tears run down her cheeks against her will.

"I can see that." He... Buchannan sarcastically retorted, and Raven pictured his fangs out with a menacing shine in his eyes.

The third silhouette, one of Buchannan's trusted fighters, stepped forward. He was looking between Buchannan and the red-haired wolf on the table – ironically the same colour as his eyes.

"The human, Rebekah Morgan, was with Reaper at the time of her capture." He reported and dared to look the Master of the Vampires in the eyes. There was no emotion in his master's eyes, besides the gleam of victory and pure unaltered evil.

"And I assume she's dead?" Buchannan went back to gently stroking Reaper's hair, the young wolf trembling at his touch.

"No."

Red-Eyes stood still as the Master looked at him as though looks could kill... "I thought it would be wiser to kill her mentally; targeting her mate."

Buchannan raised his chin slightly. Those death-defying eyes were locked onto the fighter's, but his stomach was steel. He wouldn't flinch under this monster's gaze. "I smell blood."

"Reaper was knocked out in the head by the Tracker." Red-Eyes explained, looking from the limp messenger Vampire next to him and back to Buchannan Blood. The vampire next to him was monitoring Reaper's symptoms but was trembling as he looked the Master in the eye. The Master that no one dared to defy... The one who could end you at a moment's notice... And here he was, daring to look him in the eye.

"And the blood I can smell on you?" Buchannan asked, and Red-Eyes saw Reaper flinch as his hands gripped her hair tightly. Her face was strained as though he was tugging on the corners of her flesh.

"The two fighters I took with me lost control when a hunter and a she-wolf smelling of fresh blood entered the clearing as Rebekah Morgan left." Red-Eyes recounted, but kept an eye on the girl on the table. "They took them both out before I could stop them."

Buchannan chuckled. "Why stop them? That is good." He started to stroke Reaper's blood-red curls once again, and Red-Eyes looked toward the young pup to see that she was looking right at him. Her eyes were a painful grey, like a gathering of storm clouds. He knew exactly what question she was asking when she stared into his own eyes.

With a forced snarl, he stepped forward to the little Reaper. "The spectacled hunter and the blue-eyed wolf died because of you."

After the words seemed to sink into Reaper's mind, her eyes paled to a miserable opaque. Her body started to shake as she quietly sobbed and Buchannan laughed at her torment. He bellowed in joy at her agony and Red-Eyes stepped back from the young wolf on the slab. His steel stomach seemed to sink in his body as he watched the girl's face crinkle and weep for the hunter and the wolf who had died thanks to his accomplices.

"Be gone," Buchannan waved a hand towards him. "We need to look over Reaper before we put her in the field."

Red-Eyes paused as he saw the shard of vengeance in the Master's eyes, but quickly left the cell after Buchannan too paused to see why he hadn't left. They couldn't know...

The 'Reaper' herself was broken. Before her capture, she lay on the concrete slab without any memory of her life. She had no recollection of her real name, any family or friends', she wasn't a burden to anybody. However, when the Red-Eyed Vampire, Buchannan's protégé and the one who wielded the tools to scar her body, told her of Kelly and Greg's death, she lost control on her tears. Her heart convulsed, her dark and evil wolf whimpering at the news, and she slowly felt her soul shatter. Raven's entire body hurt and nothing had happened to her physically. Instead, Kelly and Greg had been victims to psychopaths in her amnesia-filled life. They took her ending – it was her fault that they were gone.

Buchannan's laugh sounded in the room but Raven was numb. She didn't care what he would do to her now. No one was going to come for her after the death of the two most innocent people in Thalia and Elijah's group. They were a team... now there were two who would never see their mates again.

Dave probably hates me... Lara will definitely kill me.

Raven stopped shaking, stopped squirming. She stopped. Just stopped. The young wolf merely blinked as Buchannan ran a hand around her wrist and strapped her into another set of silver cuffs. The doctor vampire at the end of her 'bed' seemed puzzled at her lack of fight and gave the Master of the Vampires a questioning look.

With his jade green devil eyes staring into her, Raven had no energy to fight the challenge in his eyes. Raven blinked first and turned to look up at the ceiling.

"Good..." Buchannan whispered with a glow in his eyes that seemed satisfaction. "She's broken."

Raven closed her eyes.

And the Reaper opened hers.