☆ Chapter 19 ☆

(a/n) You guys should listen to Mayday Parade's "Valdosta EP" album, it's great. The songs "Amber Lynn," "Terrible Things" and "Bruised and Scarred" that are mentioned in this chapter are all from that album and they're amazing. Song video for "Amber Lynn" is on the side :) Listen to it while reading if you want~

☆ ☆ ☆

Sunlight was streaming in through the windows by the time I woke up. I yawned groggily, stretching before shielding my eyes from the light. It took me a moment to realize where I was; Danny's bedroom. It took me a moment more to realize that he was gone.

I slipped into the bathroom that conjoined Paul and Danny's rooms, making sure both doors were locked before looking in the mirror. I don't remember changing into Danny's clothes, but at some point I must have because a grey t-shirt and a pair of plaid pajama pants hung loosely off of my frame.

I groaned as I took in the rest of my appearance. My hair was slipping out of a loose bun that I must have tied quickly last night, giving me a disheveled appearance. Not to mention the dull red puffiness that engulfed my eyes. The memories of my confession last night came rushing back to me.

To some degree, I was relieved that I had finally told Danny the truth. He deserved to know. But at the same time, I was concerned about what was in store for us. None of my past love interests had known about my issues, and I'd never expected someone as great as Danny to want me afterwards. Although I suppose that was a part of what made him such a great guy.

But what was I to Danny? Sure, we hadn't known one another all that long, but we'd had some sort of connection from the beginning. Heck, we'd even gone on a date and sorta-kinda made out. Though he had yet to formally asked me to be his girlfriend, were we dating?

"Cas?" I heard Danny call out. Unlocking both doors, I walked into the his room where he was standing with a smile on his face.

"Good morning." He pecked me lightly on the lips before embracing me. "Are you hungry?"

I nodded, my stomach growling as if on cue. We laughed, although I felt myself blush in embarrassment.

"What do you want?" Danny asked, turning towards the door and gripping its frame. "Eggs? French toast? Cereal?"

"Danny..." I felt my face begin to blaze, my stare dropping to the floor. I was having a strange craving that I might get judged for. His gaze landed on me in question. "Do you have some leftover pizza in the fridge?"

"Yeah?" Danny questioned back.

"Could I have, um, cold pizza for breakfast?" I cringed as I awaited his response. Most people would consider it strange to eat cold pizza first thing in the morning, and in all honesty, it probably was. Whitney was especially disgusted by my weird habit.

"Cold pizza?" He repeated, an eyebrow shooting up in suspicion. A smirk overtook his lips and I could tell by his expression that he was laughing at me inwardly. "Sure thing, babe."

I felt my heart palpitate in response to his use of the pet name. While I'd never really liked the couples who called each other "boo" or "hun," the sound of Danny's voice calling me babe made me melt into the carpet like that guy from Sky High.

It took me a few seconds to snap out of my trance. Danny had left the room and I hadn't noticed.

I made my way to where I remembered the kitchen being the last time I was over. Paul was sitting at a stool eating eggs. Danny sat at the seat next to him, his face stuffed with cereal. A plate of cheese pizza was on the counter in all of its cold deliciousness.

"Good morning, Cassie." Paul gave me a wide smile as I stood at the counter across from him. I returned the gesture through a mouthful of pizza. "Ew!" He exclaimed dramatically, while pointing at me, though the grin never left his face. "No smiling with your mouth full, Cas!"

"Sorry." I said, my voice muffled because my mouth was still stuffed. Paul merely shook his head in mock disgust.

"Did you sleep okay?" Danny asked before devouring another spoonful of cereal.

"Yeah." I nodded, taking another bite from my pizza. "Thanks for the clothes."

"My pleasure." He smiled again, though this time I could tell his eyes were scoping out my figure. "They look nice on you." I felt a blush rise to my cheeks rise to my cheeks as Paul coughed awkwardly, apparently just realizing that I was wearing his best friend's pajamas.

Awkward.

I tapped my fingers against the counter as I finished the last of my pizza. My earlier thoughts reappeared in my mind, making me wonder whether or not I should ask Danny where exactly we stood. It had to be asked eventually, but what if it deterred him? After all, I'd just confessed that there was something emotionally wrong with me. Now was not the time to ask for an emotional relationship.

Danny rinsed his bowl and tossed my plate in the trash before leading me back to his room. He turned on his computer, allowing Mayday Parade's Valdosta EP to play through the speakers before laying back on his bed. I found myself grin instinctively; this was one of my favorite albums of all time.

"Wanna hang out here for a bit?" He asked, not moving his stare from the ceiling. He looked so comfortable with his hands behind his head that I just wanted to stare at him. Realizing how creepy that sounded, I ended up laying on one of his arms, my legs over his and my head pressed against the side of his chest.

"Hey, Cas?"

"Yeah?"

"What's your favorite color?" Danny moved his gaze from the ceiling to look down at me. His question made me realize that, while we seemingly knew so many things about each other, we didn't even know some of the basics.

"White." I responded quietly. It was a weird response, especially since most people saw the color white as the crayon that no one ever used. "Like freshly fallen snow, or..."

"A cloud?" He finished with a smile.

"Yeah, I like that. A cloud." I nodded against his torso in agreement. Now it was my turn to ask him a question, my chance to ask him the exact thing that was plaguing my thoughts.

But I couldn't do it. Call me chicken, because that's exactly what I was. "What's your favorite song on this album?" I eventually asked, referring to the Mayday Parade songs that were still playing.

"Probably 'Amber Lynn,' but maybe 'Bruised and Scarred' or 'Terrible Things?'" He shook his head slightly, seemingly lost in thought. "I'm not sure. They're all such great songs."

I nodded with him, a smile appearing on my face. "Yeah, they're great."

Maybe I'd end up asking him where we stood. Maybe I wouldn't. Either way, I knew I would continue to fall for Danny Edge.

☆ ☆ ☆

(a/n)

Thanks for reading~! Don't forget to comment, vote, share and follow :) I'm really truly trying to catch up on updates, and I've lost so many readers through my lack of updates that it's kind of sad :/ if you guys have any friends who might like this story, please share it with them~!

Did you guys like the GIF I made on the side? (If it doesn't show up for you that's fine).

QotC: Should Cassie ask Danny about their relationship or let it be?

Do you think their relationship should be considered "dating?"

Do you spell the color "grey" or "gray?" (I think its a locational thing, but they're both technically correct).

~Stay Amazing~

xoxo, InsomniaWriting