☆ Chapter 12 ☆

(a/n) early update (kinda short btw) because I love all of you :)

☆ ☆ ☆

I once read somewhere that you should always watch someone with a head injury while they sleep. This was to make sure they didn't hurt themselves or go into some sort of shock while they slept. At least, that's how I remembered it.

Apparently Danny had heard the same thing. When I woke up, I found him watching me sleepily. Though I was slightly creeped out by the gesture, I also found it extremely sweet.

"You can go to sleep." I whispered to him. While I would be lying if I said my head was fine, there was no reason to keep him up any longer.

"You sure?" He asked, weariness softening his voice. My head was positioned on his lap as though it were a pillow. Even if he were to doze off, I had no intention of moving from my comfortable position.

"Positive." I reassured him with a smile, but his eyes were already closed. Within minutes, I could hear his breaths deepen as he fell asleep.

Looking around the room, I noticed Whitney sleeping on the ground by the TV. She had fallen asleep with ice packs in her hands, wearing a pair of my pajamas. The pants were covered with images of penguins ice skating and drinking hot chocolate. Classy.

A digital clock above the television set read "3:56." I sighed, shifting slightly to make myself more comfortable on Danny's lap. I had no idea what I could do for the next few hours until my two friends woke up.

"He doesn't have a girlfriend." Whitney whispered groggily, turning on her side so that she was facing me. The light from my kitchen shone in her eyes almost immediately, causing her to grimace and squint. Despite her obvious discomfort, she continued to look at me expectantly.

I sighed. We'd already had this conversation enough times, and I honestly didn't have enough energy to argue with her. My situation probably wouldn't change anything anyways. Excuse me for being a pessimist, but I was too shy to act on my feelings. Plus, no matter how insistent she was, Danny was taken.

"I asked him." Whitney said.

"What?" I asked, sitting up so quickly that my head immediately began to throb. Clutching my head in pain, I looked back to make sure my movement hadn't woken Danny up. After noting that he hadn't moved, I turned back to Whitney, harshly whispering, "Why'd you do that?"

"It was a question that needed to be asked." She shrugged. Now that she was slightly more awake, she was likely to make snarkier comments.

"So you just asked him?"

"Pretty much." She shrugged again. "He was confused at first, wondering where the hell I'd gotten that idea. One I'd explained it, he understood and told me he was a single Pringle ready to mingle."

I giggled slightly at that, stopping when I realized the act only hurt my head more. So he was single. There was no Amanda, no other girl. No one.

Despite the pain in my head, I couldn't help but smile like a psycho. Even if I had no chance, the thought of him being with someone else was enough to make me barf. He just made me so overwhelmingly happy. He had become closer to me within the last few days than others had in years.

"That's good." Was all I could get out of my mouth. I laid back down on Danny's lap, continuing to smile to myself as I cuddled closer to him. It was like a weight had been lifted off of my chest.

"Yeah." Whitney muttered, turning away and sprawling herself across the floor. "Anyways, go back to sleep."

"Okay." I whispered without hesitation. I closed my eyes, sleeping soundly for the first time in the last few days.

☆ ☆ ☆

(a/n)

Please comment, vote, and share~! It makes me want to post for often :)

xoxo, InsomniaWriting