12

TWELVE

(n.b: this chapter has a little more sexual content than the others so a little warning here before you read. enjoy!)

-

"Cotton panties? That's kinda hot." Travis chuckled as he tugged my jeans down. I gave a token wiggle of my hips so he could get them off the rest of the way and then threw them to the floor.

Lying down on his bed, I shoved at his shoulder as best as I could within my reach. "You surprised me. I didn't know you were coming to pick me up from the bar."

Travis lifted his head to look at me; his irises darkened to a level of heat I hadn't known existed. "You texted me that your period was over and I couldn't wait until the weekend."

It was Thursday night and I had an early class tomorrow and a paper due but that seemed to not matter as Travis settled between my thighs. I only had a four-hour shift at the bar which came up in conversation while Travis and I texted back and forth—and the topic he aforementioned—so I'd stepped out to see Travis waiting, who said nothing as he caught me in a toe-curling kiss and then sped his way to his apartment.

And now here we were—Travis making fun of my white cotton panties which is his fault entirely since I was unaware I would be kidnapped and had no time to prepare.

"God, your skin is so soft." Pushing my T-shirt up, his lips skimmed over my hips with the lightest touch yet had me squirming uncontrollably. "Feels like silk."

Travis brushed his knuckles down the length of my torso which made me feel ticklish, and my stomach concaved with a giggle under his hand. He peered up at me through those thick lashes, his face splitting into a smile as he tickled me again. A low chuckle rumbled his chest when I giggled harder as if my laughter could possibly be infectious.

In the last week Travis and I hung out whenever we could—in college where he continued to sit next to me at lunch and even dropped me to classes. Being around Travis was natural and easy if I didn't count the inconvenience of having to put up with inquisitive eyes of students. Travis shut down the occasional gossip that spun on the rumour mill around our relationship but what got them the most was the new and improved behaviour of the ladies' man that was. Nobody in their wildest dreams would have guessed the Travis Ortiz was sticking it to one girl.

We spent a considerable amount of time together alone not having sex. Between going out to the movies, joining mutual friends' excursions, and random frat parties, I began to unravel the very fabric of who Travis was as a person behind the façade he reserved for everyone else.

"I wanted to ask you something." The tone in his voice turned a little sombre.

I waited before replying, knowing that was the real reason he had been so eager to bring me to his apartment. Adjusting to his mood, I cautiously lightened my tone. "What might that be?"

Threading my fingers through his hair, I slightly tugged on the strands to bring him face-to-face with me. He shifted comfortably and lifted onto his forearms that braced his weight beside me. "I'm going to see Hank with my dad tomorrow."

"You're going to let him be your trainer?"

Travis gave a jerky nod. "As long as he keeps his end of the deal. Jax said he's been accompanying him to his meetings so far and thinks Dad is improving... so I'm going to see how it plays out." He shrugged skeptically as if he didn't quite believe it but trusted what his brother said anyway.

My mouth curved. "Okay," I was glad he was giving this tournament a shot, and mentally crossed my fingers things worked out in favour of Travis and his dad.