Chapter 14

Author's note: Sorry for the delay, got a bit busy the past few weeks. 

Connor, Ren and I were lounging around in the living room. Ren was looking at his book and Connor was laying on the couch looking through magazines and newspapers while I sharpened my sword. We have been here for about a month now, waiting for Rory's contacts to get back to him with some information on our attackers.

Rory walked into the room, shoving his cellphone into his pocket. "One of my contacts got back to me. They couldn't get a lot of information but they have found an abandoned apartment that was used by who we believe are your attackers. They didn't find anything but maybe you'd like to look further, you might find a clue."

Ren leaned forward, resting his forearms on his knees. "Alright, where is this apartment?"

Rory replied, "It's in Irvine, Scotland." He gave us an address and we set off immediately.

Rory got us a trip on a private plane to Scotland, and from there we drove a rental to Irvine.

We pulled up in front of a very dilapidated three story apartment building. Connor raised a brow as he stepped out of the car, he crossed his arms and leaned against the hood as he studied the building, "are you sure this is the right place?"

I looked at the address written on a piece of paper given to me by Rory. Ren walked by us with a detached look and said as he trudged up the stairs to the building,"one way to find out."

We covered the first two floors and found nothing. When we got up to the third floor, we found a room with a huge, elegant looking symbol written on a wall, it was outlined in a ferocious looking circle with thorns. Ren walked up to it, "is this blood?"

I took a closer look and gave a nod, "I think so."

Connor spoke up from the corner of the room, he was crouched on the floor looking at a small piece of paper, "This paper has two words written on it. Xydron and Thanumalayan."

I furrowed my brow and said, "Isn't that the name of the dragon that attacked us in Atlantis?"

Ren stood by Connor and took a look at the paper too, "yeah, I remember Soji addressing the dragon by that name."

I crossed my arms and shifted my weight, "well, I guess we should find a hotel and do some research"

We did some driving around before we finally found a motel to stay in. Ren dropped Connor and I off in front of a small motel then left to get take out for dinner. Connor and I walked in together, the lady behind the counter looked at us and grinned. "Hello, would you like the honeymoon suite or the jungle room?"

Connor and I both looked at one another and went beet red. I shook my head, "no, no, we're not married!"

The lady maintained her polite grin but raised a brow, "ooh, the jungle room then?"

Connor stuttered, "a r-r-room with two b-b-beds please.."

The lady looked at Conner and said as she handed him a key, "are you sure? Alright..that will be fifty pounds and we only accept cash."

Connor fumbled in his pocket for a moment and handed her the money. We then went to find our room.

When we entered our room I dumped my stuff in a nearby chair. I took a quick look around, the walls were covered in torn, flowered wallpaper and the beds looked like they had seen better days. It looked like the bedspreads were torn too.

Connor and I set up the laptop on the desk sitting in the far corner of the room and got a head start on doing research before Ren got back with the food.

Ren walked in about an hour later with an armful of takeout bags. He gave us a suspicious look, "why was the lady downstairs looking at me funny when I asked about you two?"

Connor and I looked at one another and turned back towards the laptop, we muttered at the same time, "no reason.."

As we ate we told Ren about what we had found while he was out. I described what we found, "While you were out, Connor and I decided to go ahead and do some research on the name Thanumalayan. It's a temple in India."

Ren gave a nod and took a bite of his food, "alright, where in India though? You can't just stop there."

I sighed and muttered, "I don't know how to pronounce it..So I'll show it to you instead."

I brought up the name on the laptop and Ren said it with no problem, "oh! The Thanumalayan temple in Suchindram Kanyakumari district of Tamil Nadu."

I punched his arm and grumbled, "smartass.."

Ren chuckled and ruffled my hair, "big sister's tiny brain can't handle such big words."

Connor stretched out on the bed and said, "I wonder if the T.V works here." As soon as he had said that, Sivath unwound himself from my sword and jumped up beside Connor.

Sivath said happily, "I wonder if they have a Sports Illustrated program on here!"

Connor looked at him and grinned, "I hope so!"

I sighed and shook my head. I headed into the washroom to get ready for bed, "I'll see you guys in the morning."