Chapter 16

The huge statue stood up as it transformed. The stone of the statue began to crumble away, giving way to the figure of a man standing there in an elegant robe. It would appear to be an ancient Hindu style. The man looked down at us with disdain clear on his face, his eyes swept over every one of us. He looked back at Soji and spoke. The room reverberated with his deep thunderous voice. "Why are you before me?"

Soji gave a nod, his expression serene as always. He shifted his weight, making his robe sway. "The matter of which I bring before you is greater than our past conflicts, Indra."

Indra scoffed and crossed his arms, "What could possibly concern me in the mortal world?"

Soji replied, "Xydron is back."

Indra curled his lip up in a snarl, "Why would this concern me?"

"He has been reviving dragons and a war is coming. You will be be forced to enter it and it is better to enter a war amongst allies than alone."

Indra grunted and said, "Xydron always has been over ambitious..I know he has been on the move, he has been causing quite the stir in other realms."

Soji clasped his hands together, a contemplative gesture. "We need allies."

Indra stared at Soji for a few long moments, "If you truly need my help, you will do something for me to prove your worth."

Soji nodded, "I understand. If one asks another for help and it is genuine, they should be able to accept and beat any challenge that is presented. Otherwise they would be simply asking someone to fight their battles for them."

Indra nodded, "Wise as always."

Indra stood there with his arms crossed and tapped his fingers against his forearm. He smiled, his eyes sweeping over us again. "My challenge for you is to defeat an old enemy of mine, Vritra. You must bring his head back to me for proof that you have completed this task."

Soji seemed to hesitate for a moment before replying, "We will return soon."

Indra nodded and sat back down on his throne, he reverted back to a statue.

Soji turned to face us just as Connor said with wide eyes, "Holy crap the bloody statue talked!"

Dianna leaned her weight on her right leg and crossed her arms, she looked to be deep in thought. After a moment she spoke, looking up at everyone. "Wasn't Vritra slain by Indra?"

Soji gave a nod, "Correct, but he has been revived by Xydron."

I furrowed my brow and tilted my head to the side, "Indra didn't seem to be too surprised when you said Xydron was resurrecting other dragons."

Soji nodded, "Indra is obviously aware and knows exactly what Xydron has been doing, he is asking us to do this task to prove our worth. He has already slain Vritra the water dragon once before. Now we must show that we have the strength and skill to do this as well."

I raised a brow, "How the hell are we supposed to kill a water dragon..Better question, how are we supposed to find his whereabouts?"

Soji gestured towards Zoggan, "Zoggan and I will worry about tracking Vrirtra. I want you, Ren, Connor, and Dianna to find the Bone Dagger."

Ren frowned and looked a bit confused, "Where are we supposed to find a Bone Dagger?"

Soji, serene always, replied, "East of town is a veiled cemetery. Beings of supernatural origins are buried there and this naturally attracts necromancers. You are bound to stumble across a necromancer with a Bone Dagger."