Chapter 5

“A ghoul?” Ren asked. 

I thought for a bit, “that would make sense. Ogres don't leave remnains of their victims right? Ghouls are messier. So if its a ghoul, are we dealing with just one or are there more?”

Zoggan replied, “I think there might be more than one. They frequently travel in pluralities.”

Connor furrowed his brows, “what is a plurality?”

Zoggan was about to explain but I shook my head, waving a hand dismissively, “don't bother. No matter how much you break it down for him, he still won't understand it.”

Connor glared at me but didn't say anything.

Ren spoke up, “isn't there a nearby cemetery? That's where ghouls like to dwell.”

I started to walk away. “Alright. Let's go while its still dark.”

“I'm coming too.” Zoggan said.

I looked up at him, “Alright. There's no problem with that....but what if someone sees you on our way to the cemetery?

He grinned, walking over to a hidden duffel bag. He pulled out the biggest monk robe I've ever seen. “How do you think I've been getting here every day?”

Once Zoggan had his robe on. We walked to the truck and we all stopped to look up at him, “ummm,” Ren began, “you're not going to fit in the truck. You're going to have to sit in the box.”

Zoggan flipped the hood of the robe over his face, “that is satisfactory.”

We all got in and waited for Zoggan to get in the box of the truck. There was a thump and a creak as the back suddenly sagged with the large ogre's weight. Ren tightened his grip on the steering wheel slightly and muttered as he started the truck, “my truck better survive this.....”

The drive to the cemetery was silent, we were almost there when sirens suddenly began to wail. Ren muttered a few choice words under his breath and pulled over. A woman stepped out of the police car and walked up to Ren's rolled down window.

Ren looked up at her, “can I help you?”

The policewoman was blonde with her hair tied back in a tight ponytail. She gave him a grim look, “I couldn't help but notice the large monk in the back of your truck rather than sitting in the back where there are seat belts.”

Connor threw up his hands, “bloody hell woman! Does it look like the he can fit in the backseat?!”

Zoggan spoke up in his deep, booming voice. “If you'd be so kind miss, let me explain. I work at the  Wonderland Gardens Swimming Pool not too far from here. They were just merely transporting me back home. Sadly I am too big to fit in the truck with them. I am fine out here however.”

The police woman looked at Zoggan and then back at the truck, “fine. I'll let this go.”

She walked away and we continued towards the cemetery.

When we got to the cemetery Zoggan jumped out of the truck's box, making the truck spring back up. “I can smell them. The ghouls, they're this way!”

Ren, Connor and I got out of the truck as fast as we could and went to the box of the truck. Thankfully none of the weapons under the false bottom were crushed after being under Zoggan's weight.

Ren grabbed lots of ammo and a .357 magnum pistol while Connor went straight for the semtrex. “You idiot! We're in a cemetery, we can't be blowing crap up!”

Connor gave me a blank look, “but they're already dead.”

I face palmed while Ren replied, “take something a little less destructive.”