Chapter 11

Several weeks have passed, my collar bone has healed, but is still tender. The knucker's teeth had also left scars on my shoulder.

Currently the boys were in the middle of the living room wrestling, they had gotten into an argument over whether or not chess is an Olympic sport. I was sitting on the couch trying to ignore them. Suddenly the window exploded, a can of tear gas fell in front of me. We all froze and looked at one another.

Without thinking, I grabbed a cushion and threw it over the canister. It would suppress the gas temporarily. We all scrambled for our weapons, luckily I had kept my sword leaning against the coffee table in front of the couch I was sitting on. I clipped the sheath to my hip and unsheathed the blade. Ren and Connor were still scrambling for their weapons when the canister exploded, releasing tear gas into the room.

We immediately started coughing, my vision became blurred with smoke and tears. There was a loud crash as the door broke down. Ren yelled, "get down!"

We all dropped to the ground and the room was filled with gunfire. Connor yelled, "eat Thor's hammer!" and the dumb idiot threw his hammer blindly. I glanced up, hearing the hammer whizz by above me, there was a brief glint of light as it went by.

There was the a loud bone crunching thump followed by someone yelling, "team leader is down! Plan B-" he was interrupted by a loud crash followed by the same bone crunching thump as before. The hammer had came back through the wall.

There was a clink, it sounded like a grenade and we heard another voice yell, "retreat!"

Ren yelled, "bomb!"

We all got up and bolted for the door and into the apartment building hallway. As soon as I had stumbled out I saw two blurred black clad figures. Without hesitation I lashed out at them both, they each fell.

Connor burst past me, just as there was a loud explosion. We were all thrown forward, becoming an entangled mess with our assailants. I heard Ren yell, "we have to get out of here!" Connor dragged me to my feet.

When we stumbled out of the building we were greeted by more gunfire, we all dropped to the ground.

We heard a booming battle cry. I looked up to see a car fly and crush a group of our assailants. Then I saw a mountainous figure and immediately recognized it as Zoggan Bigbrain. He brought down a large hand on another group of attackers, they didn't stand a chance.

There was a gunshot and you could clearly hear a thump when a bullet came into contact with Zoggan. It didn't even phase him, if anything it annoyed him. Annoyed, he turned around and backhanded the person who fired the shot at him. The man flew through the air a good thirty feet or so before landing. Zoggan barked as he continued to take down more assailants, "Soji sent me, get out of here and find a safe place!"

We all hauled ourselves onto our feet again and scrambled for the truck. Ren jumped in behind the wheel and started the truck. He was already backing out when Connor and I jumped into the backseat.

We roared through the city until we got a safe distance from the area. We were stuck in traffic when Ren said, "we can't stay here in England anymore, we have to find somewhere else to go."