Chapter 13

Author's Note: Sorry for being a bit late. Life got in the way but I got a chapter out. Hope you enjoy it. I was thinking about trying an idea out, it will continue for the rest of the book if it appears to work. If you would like to put a cameo character in the book for a chapter, please write a comment with a brief description and name of your character. If I can, I will put that character in the next chapter. Please note that I won't be able to use all suggestions but I will use as many as I can throughout the book. I just thought that this would be something fun to try. If it doesn't work out that's okay, it was just an idea to make things a bit more fun for you guys.

                                                                                                     ***

I was walking through the forest, admiring the trees and nature around me. Sivath was sitting on my shoulder looking over my head.

Sivath broke the silence, "There is something bugging you, Bonito."

I shrugged a shoulder as I walked, I turned my head to watch two squirrels chasing one another, "I need time to think."

Sivath hugged my head, "I know that incident with those wolves is what troubles you."

The image of the wolves tearing the other rogue to shreds flashed across my mind briefly and I shuddered. It was the savagery of it that bugged me, out of my years of hunting I haven't quite seen something so primal.

"I understand, it was a very disturbing and gruesome thing to see." Sivath sighed, "you know Bonito, as the wielder of my sword you and I are connected. I feel what what you feel."

I remained silent, shivering again as the scene unfolded in my mind. I could not believe how brutal they were to their own. Yes, they are animals in a sense but there is still that human side that they have, you would think they would have had some restraint.

Sivath suddenly tensed and I could feel him shift to look around. "Something is here with us.."

I drew my sword and started to turn in a slow circle, I was surrounded by trees. I felt trapped. Sivath spoke again, "don't look."

It was too late, I saw a glimpse of a horrid looking creature. It was a giant floating eyeball with tentacles attached, each tentacle looked like a snake and at the end of each was an eyeball.

As I stared into the creature's eye I could feel myself slip into a daze. A tingling sensation covered my body and I started to feel numb. The world then began to slowly drift away, black began to swim in the corners of my vision.

I was snapped out of my trance when Sivath was suddenly in my face. "No, no, no, no. You looked at it!" He looked at my eyes, pulling up the lid to each one. He began to speak in Spanish and he shook his head, clearly panicked. "Your pupils are dilated, its already in your head. We have to get you back to the house before it starts to feed on your mind."

I gave Sivath a look of confusion and picked him up, holding him away from my face. As I did so, I caught another glimpse of the creature, it was turning away and floating off into the trees. Sivath said something in Spanish and covered my eyes, "no, don't look at it again!"

I rolled my eyes, "alright, alright. You said we need to go back to the house right? Let's go, you have to explain what that thing was though since you seem to know so much about it."

I started to walk and Sivath took his place on my head again, "Yes, I will explain but you will probably forget everything by the time we get to the house. Once you have exchanged eye contact with a gazer you slowly start to forget about it. What a gazer does is invades your mind and feeds on bad memories, anything that involves fear. You will relive each memory it goes through. It will literally scare you to death and drain your mind. You will go insane before the fear kills you though."