Chapter 1

Author's note: I will try to update every second weekend on Saturday, but sometimes life gets in the way. This doesn't happen very often but when I am late, that is why. Thank you for your patience and taking interest in my story, I really appreciate it and it motivates me. I would love to see feed back from you guys. Please take a second to comment, constructive critical comments are welcome.  

You know, its amazing what you can think while flying through the air. For example, what the hell ever possessed me to take this crazy job? I swear my brother gave me crack at the time or something. Time seemed to slow down as I flew down the corridor. I passed my brother as he came running down another corridor branching off the one I am currently flying down. He skidded to a halt and watched me go by, steel grey eyes wide with surprise.

There was a loud thump followed by a sickening crack as my back collided with the wall. I gasped as I hit the floor, pain shooting throughout my body. I looked up and everything around me started to spin and I could see two of everything. I had to blink a few times before my vision focused, I then slowly stood up. I was stiff everywhere and a little unbalanced. I looked down the corridor and saw something flying at me and my eyes widened in fear when I realized it was my brother. Back facing towards me and screaming at the top of his lungs as he flew down the corridor heading straight for me. There was nowhere for me to go to avoid him. I swore under my breath just as he crashed into me. We both groaned. 'I'm really going to feel this in my back tomorrow...' I thought to myself miserably.

My brother sat up and looked down at me. He gave a little wave, "hey Tara, am I light?"

I glared up at him and growled, "Ren, get off of me. Now!"

We both stood up and I placed a hand on my back, wincing slightly. There is definitely going to be one big bruise there.

We heard an angry, blood curdling scream. A man came tearing down the corridor, a murderous look in his eye. I looked up at Ren, "He has us cornered, what now?"

He didn't reply as he stared the man down as he started to get closer. Slight panic started to rise in my gut and I gave Ren's shoulder a shove. "Ren!" I snapped.

My brother shot me a look and snapped back, "just hang on a moment would you? I think I have a plan."

I grumbled under my breath as I watched the man get closer, "it better be a good one or else we're screwed..."

Ren looked at me, "please tell me you remembered to bring your holy water."

I gave him a look of slight annoyance, "If I had my holy water on me don't you think I would have used it by now?"

Ren sighed and shook his head at me, muttering something under his breath about being reckless. He reached into his jacket pocket, taking out a water bottle. He waited until the charging man was in range before taking off the cap and emptied the contents at the man. The man screamed and covered his face as it sizzled. He veered off to the side into the wall before buckling down to the ground, smoke curling through his fingers.

Ren gave me a hard shove forward, nearly sending me sprawling on the ground with the demon. We both barrelled down the narrow corridor. We both turned sharply to the left down another corridor, nearly tripping over one another as we did so. "Where is Connor?" I asked as we ran.

Ren answered as we passed an abandoned electroshock room. "He's in the mess hall working on the trap. I hope he's faster than you were. It took you longer than it should have to lead that demon to where we are."

I shrugged, "I ran into some complications."

He raised a brow and looked at me from the corner of my eye as we ran. A smile playing at his lips as he spoke, "What kind of complications?"