Chapter 14

Hello and Happy National Star Wars Day! :D I'm tired and want to go to bed, so I shall make this short-like. ;)

Thanks to all of you reviewers for reviewing last chapter! (wow, that's a lot of you...  :D YAYAYAYAY! ;) And good job to those who guessed right! (you'll find out who you are in just a moment)

On with the story! :) Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 14

     The room was dark until a whispered "Lumos Maxima!" caused a bright light to shine from the end of someone's wand. Another spell was whispered and I heard a click come from the door. A locking charm, I thought, still struggling against the two pairs of hands holding me tightly, one still over my mouth, one around my waist and the other two holding each of my arms.

     I squinted my eyes against the bright light and saw two indistinct figures – one short and stout, the other thin and frail-looking. I kicked harder, trying to get them to let me go. Were they Slytherins who had a grudge against me for some reason? Were they underage Death Eaters who had figured out my secret and who had a mission to bring me back to their master?

     I shivered slightly, then redoubled my efforts, determined to not be taken without a fight. Unfortunately their hands only tightened on my arms, restricting my movement even more. They pushed me down to the floor roughly and I banged my knees hard on the cold stone.

     Just before I resigned myself to my fate, I remembered a tactic James had used against Teddy when they were in Auror training and showed us a 'play fight' one afternoon. I slumped as if I were exhausted, purposefully made my breathing heavier to make it seem like I was too tired to keep fighting. The hands hesitantly removed themselves from my body, leaving only my mouth and one arm being held onto.

     I quickly spun away, kicking away from the people who were holding me. I rolled over, away from them and reached for my pocket – where I knew my wand was stowed.

     Except it wasn't there.

     A shadow fell over me, allowing me to see, and said "Looking for this?"

     "My wand! Why did you- wait, Remus?"

     His grin was enough of an answer. He helped me up, but when I reached out for my wand he pulled it away with a sly smile on his face. It reminded me why he was considered one of the Marauders. One of the Marauders.

     "Why did you kidnap me?" I asked hotly, hands on my hips as I tried to look menacing.

     "Much more like an intervention," Sirius said from the floor, where he and James were sitting. "You know, because we just randomly abduct girls once a week."

     "I can certainly believe that."

     James and Sirius got up from the ground, ignoring my words (just like they did everyone else's it seemed) – James rubbing his wrist with a grimace on his face.

     "You got some sweet moves," he said, grinning despite his obvious pain. But the grin slid suddenly off his face. "Lily Potter."

     Shivering at the tone of his voice – somewhere between anger and curiousness – I backed away, trying to come up with some excuse.

     It was just as hard as it had been the night I had spoken with Dumbledore. There was nothing I could say or do that would get them to believe me. What was I supposed to say? That I was his long-lost cousin, but wanted to go under a different name? That it was a total coincidence? Yeah, right. I'd been going by Luna Thomas for the two months I'd known them. From what I knew of them they wouldn't take anything that stupid for an answer.