Chapter 11

Chapter 11

     I woke up to the sound of Madam Pomfrey bustling around the Hospital Wing, obviously tending to some injured student or other. I did feel much better than I had that morning, but I was still exhausted. It looked like the sun was getting low in the sky and I wondered how long I had slept.

     "Hello dear!" Madam Pomfery said cheerily as she came over to my bedside with a steaming tray of soup. It looked like chicken noodle.

     "Hi Madam P-Pomfery." I said, yawning.

     "Still tired? I do believe young people these days are too stressed, causing them to stay up until ridiculous hours of the night." She tsked, setting the tray down on my lap. "Here's some soup for you to eat before going back to your common room. Dinner is nearly over and you slept through lunch. Do try and get more sleep tonight, okay? But if you feel dizzy or nauseous come straight back."

     I promised her I would, and she left me alone to go and annoy some other poor soul. Of course, I did like her as a person, but similarly to Madam Trichley, she had a thing about hovering over her patients until she was absolutely, positively sure everything was in order. Which ended up being a problem when you were generally prone to injuries, as I am. Mum said that I inherited it from dad, but he says it must have been 'watered down by her genes' because he'd 'been to the Hospital Wing more times over the course of one year than anybody on record'. Though I'm still pretty sure he made that up...

     Once I finished my soup, I was subjected to one last (blessedly brief) check up, then I was free to go. I headed up to the common room, passing a small knot of third-year Ravenclaws heading down to the library on my way up the stairs leading from the fifth floor to the sixth floor.

     By the time I finally made it up to the common room, I was ready to go to sleep yet again. Saying the password, I stepped through the portrait hole, but before I could get my bearings I was assaulted by two tall boys with dark black hair.

     "Ger'roff me, you idiots," I yawned.

     Sirius pulled back, looking affronted. "I do believe she just insulted us Mr. Prongs," he said, a hurt look on his face.

     "Yeah Mr. Padfoot, we're obviously not wanted here... We should probably just leave now."

     I rolled my eyes and sighed at their theatrics. "I'm just tired guys."

     "Didn't you just sleep for - like - the whole day?"

     "S-so?" I asked, yawning again. "I'm so short on sleep that it'll take me a few years to catch up," I groaned thetrically, making them laugh.

     "Hey Remus, Peter," I said, noticing them on one of the couches. Remus simply nodded in greeting, engrossed as he was in his book.

     "Hey L-luna," Peter stuttered. It took me quite a bit of effort not to glare at him, but I managed to keep a smile on my face.

     I looked around suddenly, realizing we were the only ones in the common room.

     "Where-where's everyone else?" I asked, covering my mouth as I yawned again.

     "Dinner," James answered, falling back onto one of the armchairs by the fire and putting his legs up on a table.

     "We already ate," Sirius added quickly, noticing that I was about to ask why they weren't downstairs with the rest of the school. "We finished early so we could- so we could work on some homework without all of the noise."

     He hitched a smile onto his face, but I wasn't fooled.

     "You hate homework," I deadpanned, giving him a 'seriously?' sort of look.

     "Of course that's what we were doing!" James added, though it was even more obvious that his smile was fake.

     I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms, glaring at them the same way that I did when I wanted my brother to do something for me or tell me something he didn't want to. Unfortunately I seemed to be out of practice (as I hadn't really glared at anyone for a month) and I was simply stuck with the two of them smiling cheesily at me.

     I turned my glare to Peter and Remus, but Remus quickly looked down at his book and Peter looked scared out of his wits. Resisting the urge to yell at them, knowing it would get me nowhere, I sighed heavily and uncrossed my arms, turning back to the staircase leading to the girls' dormitories.

     "Where are you going?" asked Sirius, his smile dimming a bit.

     "To bed. Where else?" I replied, giving a bright smile. I turned back around and went up the stairs, leaving two confused boys and a smiling werewolf behind me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     "LUNA!"

     I screamed loudly and fell out of my bed, banging my head and back on the hard wood floor. My eyes exploded with stars and I groaned, still feeling sleepy.

     "Did you have to do that?" I heard from above me. "She probably has a concussion now. Great going."

     "How was I supposed to know that she would freak out? It's not my fault!"

     "Would the two of you shut up?"

     I uttered a probably incomrehensible thank you to whoever had told the other two to stop talking. My eyes fluttered open and I caught sight of Marlene, Ellie and Lily standing over me. Lily looked concerned, but the other two seemed to be holding back giggles.

     "Thanks Lily," I said a bit louder. "For shutting them up."

     Marlene and Ellie burst out laughing at that, and Lily smiled wryly. "Glad I could be of service," she said jokingly, holding out a hand for me to take.

     I took it gratefully and she pulled me to my feet.

     "Are you feeling any better?" asked Ellie, scrutinising me carefully, a small smile still on her face.

     "I was until SOMEBODY decided to barge in and yell at the top of their lungs. I'm still trying to catch up on sleep."

     I glanced over at the clock and realized I had only gotten about twenty minutes of sleep. "Can I go back to bed now?"

     "We'll let you sleep," Lily assured me, while sending death glares at Marlene and Ellie to make sure they would let me be. I stifled a laugh and crawled back into my warn four-poster bed, pulled the curtains around it to shut out the light from the rest of the room and drifted off again.

A/N: Sorry about my absence from posting! Life is so busy and I only just realized I haven't updated this story or written any more for it in forever! So I'm going to try to update this every week...

Please review! And guess what the Marauders were up to! (Because honestly, who would believe their pathetic excuse of homework? ;) Anyone who guesses correctly gets a virtual chocolate chip cookie and the satisfaction of knowing they won! :)

Thanks to all of you for reading! Until next week! :D