Chapter 10

Chapter 10

     After three weeks of living in the past, I was finally falling into a sort-of routine. I was regaining the same schedule that I usually had while at school. Get up just in time for breakfast, head to classes, finish my other homework during History of Magic, then head to the library for any homework that I needed extra reading material for. Except, unlike back in my usual time, I was also reading copious amounts of other books on really anything and everything. Not just topics that drew my fancy every once in a while.

     And my habits had only changed because absolutely no books that I had ever read (or could even find) from the Hogwarts library had any accounts of random time travel. Needless to say, I was getting frustrated.

     On another note, November had come around, which meant that Quidditch season had begun. For the most part, the only way it affected me was that Marlene, Ellie, Lily and I were constantly being treated to play-by-plays and strategy talks about recent Quidditch practices from both James and Sirius. It reminded me painfully of my brothers and I couldn't help but wonder if they were still playing on their Quidditch teams, since I had been missing. Personally I hoped they continued to live their passions, but something told me that they would be too worried about my well-being.

     It was breakfast on a crisp, Sunday morning and I was wondering about what my family was doing and if they were having any leads on where I was or how to get me back. I wondered if they thought I had been taken by Death Eaters or something. I sighed, feeling another stab of loneliness strike my heart.

     "What's up?"

     I started as Remus' voice came from my left. "Huh?"

     "Are you okay?" he asked, looking concerned. "You haven't even touched your eggs yet and usually you're the first one done with your food," he examined my face critically. "Did you get any sleep last night?" I could tell that he was referring to the dark marks under my eyes and the red veins that laced around my brown irises.

     I sighed again. "Not really." There really wasn't any point in lying. I had been kept up for a few nights by nightmares about Voldemort finding out that I was in the past and was, well, from the future. Needless to say, my family (both from the past and present) and my friends (again from the past and present) were tortured until I told him how to win the war once and for all.

     Of course, it wasn't at all logical, as Voldemort wouldn't have any way to track me back to James and Lily and, in this time period, wouldn't even know about little Harry Potter and what it would mean for him.

     "Why didn't you sleep? Were you finishing homework? I know you work ahead sometimes, but today is Sunday, and we don't actually have class."

     I shook my head and, pushing my plate away (as I no longer felt even remotely hungry), laid my head on my arms on the table.

     "Nightmares." I mumbled sleepily, yawning.

     Remus nodded solemnly, seriously, as though he knew what it was like and I suddenly realized he did. I had always heard stories through Teddy that my dad had told him about Remus Lupin and Teddy's favorite was about how the Marauders had all become Animagi to help Remus through werewolf transformations. It had completely flown my mind that Remus was a werewolf, and I almost felt bad for forgetting.

     Now that I thought about it, during the second week that I was here Remus had looked tired and pale for a few days, and had missed classes for a day because he was staying in the Hospital Wing. At the time I had accepted their excuses about him having a cold, but as I thought back, it resembled what my dad had said he looked like later in life around transformations.