Chapter 28

MADDIE'S POV

"Time flew so fast," I sighed. Ella was with me sitting on a shed at William's Park. It's our rest day. We decided to take an outdoor picnic. Theo, my son's nickname, was with Lance. 

"Yeah, Theo is now four years old", Ella agreed. "Haven't you considered introducing him to his father?"

"I'm afraid so. I guess, it's better this way."

"Aren't you unfair to Theo and his dad?"

I shrug my shoulder. She had been bugging me about it especially when Theo asks about his father. What should I do? Will I march in to Matthew's house and say, Hey you've got a son! shouted my inner voice. 

"Mama, look!" Theo was running towards us. He showed us a cupcake with his name written on top. Lance was tailing him. "Uncle Lance bought it for me."

"And you, girls have yours to." Land handed me a cupcake with my name. For Ella, it is twice the size of ours. Her name was decorated with a heart shape. Ella was all ears smiling.

We were half way through our cupcakes when Ella bit something. 

"What the......." Ella pulled out from her mouth what she has bitten. Suddenly her eyes grew round. "Oh my........."

I myself got surprised to what she's just pulled out.

"Let me do the favor" Lance get the ring from Ella. He knelled in front of her. 

I knew it. It hadn't been common that Lance will take leave from his work. So today was special to him 'coz he made some effort to be with us. He will make a proposal to Ella!

"Ella Monteverde, will you marry me?" In his sweetest smile, Lance asked Ella.

For a moment, Ella was speechless. I see tears from her eyes. For almost seven years of being a couple, I've seen how both loved each other. Both Lance and Ella became Theo's second parents. I can't also hold back my tears. I'm happy for them.

"Yes, I gladly will!" 

Lanced got up from his knees and kissed her on the lips. I covered Theo's eyes when their kiss grew deeper.

"Finally, you're tying the knots. Congratulations!" I hugged them both.

"Will I be the ring bearer?" Theo spoke excitedly.

"Of course!" 

"High Five!"

We burst into laughter. At four, Theo was very outspoken. He speaks what was in his mind.

_____________________________________________________________

The wedding preps spun quickly. The bride and the groom wanted it simple. And now, I'm marching down the aisle as Ella's maid of honor. As I reached my seat, Ella followed me through. She was gorgeous in her wedding dress. Her eyes were on his groom who patiently waiting for her.

The ceremony was solemn. Only few were invited. After saying their vows, we were called for the photo-ops.

My eyes caught a familiar figure among the crowd. Am I hallucinating, I think I saw Matthew! It was really quick. At second glance, he's gone.But I couldn't see him where I saw him. 

"Maddie, is everything okay?" Ella had noticed my uneasiness. We were seated next to the presidential table.She may have seen me looking in every direction. I was not also attentive on the program, my focus is on finding the familiar face I've seen just a while ago.

"Yeah, don't worry, this is isn't much. " I assured her. 

With no sight of him, I resigned and just stayed put. Maybe it was just an imagination.

==============================================================================

Hhmmmm... was it really an imagination?

Please post your comments and don't forget to click those VOTE and FOLLOW buttons. I'd appreciate it very much if you do.