Chapter 23

Months passed, everything went well. Sabina entered school on the first grade. She's healthy as she can be.

"Be good girl!'

"Yes, mommy I will."

"Let's get going, angel." Matthew picked her bag. Each morning, he drops Sabina to her school. It's the same way going to his office.

"Bye!" he kissed me. 

It became our daily routine. After sending them off, I was left at the house to do light chores. Even if I was Mrs. Matthew Blaine, I can't let old habits out. I tidied the kitchen.

"Lucia, please come over." 

I called Lucia to help me in the garden. It's one of my hobby growing plants and watch their flowers bloom. We're in the middle of doing things when the buzzer sounded.

"Please get it for me."

Lucia looked upset as she opened the gate. She looked upset and having argument to whoever buzzed in. I approached them.

It was Aprille. What now? Has she came here to make trouble. This is the second time Aprille marched in at Blaine's mansion.

 I let her in. Sat in the living room she began talking.

"I came here not to make any scene. I just wanna talk to you." she paused. Unlike before, she's a bit tame this time.

"Go on." I said. My heart was pounding. I know in my head, she'll drop her bomb the next time she opens her mouth.

"I'm pregnant with Matthew's baby"

Kaboom!! It really is a bomb! That I didn't expected. She put down the center table a printout of ultrasound. She's on her 6th week. I can't believe it but this is all true. Matthew's baby is on her tummy.

"For the sake of this baby, set Matthew free on this fake marriage of yours.It would be unfair for Matthew's child not to bear his name. Are you that insensitive?" She was not screaming but she's is in a threatening tone.

I was speechless. How could this happen? All the while, I thought Matthew and I are okay. We have such a perfect family life together. But now this?

"If you have a bit shade of your conscience, give his life back!"

"Did Matthew knew about this?"

"I didn't tell him just yet." She looked at me. "I don't want him to have this dilemma choosing between being a good son to his mother keep his promise to take care of your daughter and being a good father to our child."

That must be a tough decision to make, I know, if he will be in such situation. Aprille is in front of me making the choice for him. I admire her for that. She really love Matthew as I do.   

Aprille left. I was staring at the printout. This is Matthew's own blood. How could I deny him his father's name. My tears fell, if a child is involved I can never be selfish again. Oh geese, what should I do now? 

I reached out to the telephone and dialed a number.

"Hello, Maddie here. Can I have an appointment with you?"

"Yeah sure, please do come now. I don't have anything at the moment."

I hung up.

_________________________________________________________________________

Author's note: what is Maddie up to? Hmmm... Don't do things you would regret later Maddie.

Please post your comments and don't forget to click those VOTE and FOLLOW buttons. It means a lot to me.