Chapter 16- Adam

Our two weeks together went too fast, I had tried to get Lana to go away somewhere together alone, but as she rightly pointed out we both are travelling so much its nice just to be together at home, alone. We had long lazy days where we only left bed to pay the food delivery guy, we had brunch several times with Jesse and Ragan, they were always fun, best friend couples, told me it before it would have made me sick but it just worked. We did all the touristy things that Lana insisted on doing, which lead to me being mobbed for autographs and photos several times, she just stood to the side laughing, unlike anyone I had ever date who just got annoyed at how long it took, she waited there patiently. She knew how I liked my coffee, my eggs, we synced in everyday normal tasks, it was so natural.

It was our last night before Lana had to go back to work and study, myself back to the studio and then on tour. This was going to be our longest time apart, it was tearing me up inside. I didn't want to think about it anymore, the thought of not waking up to her every day. Not hear her calling me a weirdo.....

I was thinking about the coffee and chat I had with Ragan this morning, I just couldnt get it out of my head.

"Baby, what's wrong?" she said leaning over wrapping her arms around my neck over the back of the chair I was sitting in strumming at my guitar.

"Nothing, just thinking" I pulled her arm till she was sitting in my lap. I inhaled her hair and pulled her close.

"Don't lie to me Adam, you know I can read you like a book" she gave me the look of warning

"It's just tomorrow, I don't want this to end, I don't want you to go"

"Baby, I know, I don't want to go either, but you know I have too, if I could stay I would but I have to go back to work." She gently stroked my face while looking into my eyes.

I felt like a 5 year old but shit "You could stay if you wanted too, you don't need to work baby you know I would look after you always."

She got up and walked away to stare out the window "Fuck it Adam! You know that I am not with you for your money, I don't just work for the money either, I love my job and I'm not going to give it up to be your trophy girlfriend"

"Why can't you just work here then? I know you don't want my money, and you are not just a trophy girlfriend to me."

"It's not just the job Adam, it's my family, you know what it's like, you hate being away from yours too, how can you ask me to leave them?"

Fuck it she was crying hard now, what the fuck were we arguing about, I fucking loved her.

"I can't bare to keep saying goodbye to you, I can't bare to wake up and you not be there, these two weeks have shown me that I need you, I can't keep letting you go."

She turned and looked at me, mascara running down her cheeks, tears still running from her eyes.

"What are you saying Adam?"

"I don't know" I sighed put my hands in pockets, lifted my head and looked her in the eyes "I love you, but I don't know if I can keep watching you leave like this, I don't know"

"You say it like that? God damn it Adam, I Love you too. I need some time to think, I'm going to Ragans, don't follow me, I'll call you later"

She looked so heart broken, I just stood there as she brushed past me, grabbing her bag and the keys to the blue two door bmw coupe I had spoiled her with, she said she only accepted it to borrow and only cause like hell she was learning to drive a stick, as all my cars were.

What the fuck had i done, instead of a few weeks or months I may have lost her forever? I had never seen her look so hurt and mad at the same time, but when she said she loved me I saw that flash in her eyes like she really felt it too.