Chapter 9

"Just a friendly match Ryuuga? I should warn you that I have some tennis experience." Light says, as they walk into the tennis court.

"No worries, I placed first in England's junior championships." Ryuzaki replies.

"You spent your childhood in England?" Light asks.

"I lived there for about 5 years." He replies. "But don't worry, this bit of information is useless as far as the identity of L is concerned."

"I see." Light says.

"Shall we start?" Ryuzaki says, as they part ways to face eachother on opposite sides of the court.

Light nods. Ryuzaki lifts his tennis racket and serves the ball over to light.

Yes Light, just a friendly tennis match. Ryuzaki thinks. Kira loves to win, and whether you try to win or not, does not determine that you are Kira. But, lets see how important it is for you to win.

The tennis ball flies past light, and slams into the wall behind him. He stands, stunned.

"Yay Ryuuga!" Anne yells. She is watching from the stands.

Ryuzaki wished that she wouldn't be so loud, she was only drawing attention to herself. But at the same time, he liked that she was cheering him on.

"Fifteen love." He yells to Light. 

Light bats the tennis ball back at Ryuzaki, and he returns the favor, wacking it back at him.

They continue to play for a couple of minutes, until a huge crowd of  people begins to gather around the court, watching them. 

Ryuzaki has a quick glance at Anne, to see if she's ok, which causes him to miss the Tennis ball hurled at him. 

"Six four, Yagami wins!" The referee yells, who somehow got there un-noticed. 

"Good game, Light." Ryuzaki says, shaking his hand. 

"I haven't played so hard in a long time." Light says, panting. "My throat's parched, want to go down to a cafe I know of for refreshments?" 

"Seeing as how I lost the match, I'll let you lead me around for a bit." Ryuzaki replies. "A word before we go." 

"What is it?" Light asks. 

"My suspicions are growing stronger. I think your Kira." Ryuzaki replies. 

"Haha, I'm Kira?" Light says, amused. 

"I'm not certain, only %1 sure at best, though I would hope you aren't Kira, so you might aid us on the investigation." Ryuzaki explains. 

After a few moments, Ryuzaki speaks again. 

"There's too may people here. Let's talk somewhere else." 

"Ya, I didn't think a simple game of Tennis would attract so many people." Light says. 

"Indeed." Ryuzaki agrees. "One minute, let me go get Kyoko." 

Once they arive at the Cafe, they choose a table at the back. 

"Why do you sit like that?" Light asks suddenly. 

"I'm used to sitting like this." Ryuzaki replies. "If I sat like a normal person, my investigative skills would go down by roughly 40%." 

"Oh wow, I never knew that!" Anne says, sipping her tea. 

"Anyways, since I asked you to join the investigation, it would be rude of me to leave you empty handed. Here is some information that I never publicized." Ryuzaki says, passing Light some papers with all the names of the FBI agents who died, in the order of which they received the email. "Please tell me what you think of them." 

Ryuzaki puts his thumb in his mouth to give it a few nibbles, waiting patiently for a response. Anne, is also sitting patiently, only stacking sugar cubes. After a few moments of hesitation, Light has conducted his opinion.