Chapter 17

"In Amane's room, we found a lot of evidence." Ryuzaki explains. "For example, the cat hair found on the tape on the second Kira's video cassette. There are also make-up powder and clothing fibers. In order to prevent the certain chaos that would otherwise ensure, we've decided not to publicize our capture. We told her agent that she is under arrest for possession of illegal drugs. That way, it won't create too much public uproar." 

There's a long pause. Light is just staring at Ryuzaki, not looking angry, nor suprised. 

"Are you all right, Light?" Ryuzaki asks. "Your girlfriend is suspect for being the second Kira, I understand how you must feel." 

Light only stares at him, completely motionless. 

"Ok, well we'll leave you alone." Ryuzaki says, turning to face Anne. "C'mon." 

Anne walks along side Ryuzaki as they head towards the cafeteria for cake, leaving Light to blindly stare after them. 

A few hours later - 

"Ah Ryuzaki, the evidence all makes sense now." Aizawa says, as Anne and Ryuzaki step into the room. 

"Watari, did she say anything?" Ryuzaki asks, stepping in front of the computer, which has a W printed on the screen. 

"No." Watari replies. "I'm sorry, she hasn't said anything, not even complaining about being held up." 

"Very well, send the image here." Ryuzaki says. 

"Is that a good idea?" Watari asks. 

"It'll be fine, just do it." Ryuzaki replies. 

A few seconds later, there's an image of Amane tied up from head to toe, in a straight jacket. She's also blindfolded. 

The whole team gasps, except for Anne. They stare at Ryuzaki, shocked. They look absolutely dumbfounded. 

"R...ryuzaki." Chief Yagami stampers. "This-" 

"She's suspected of being the second Kira, it's only logical to restrain her this way." Ryuzaki says. "Sure, if she's innocent, this will have been a bad idea, but I'm quite sure that it's her." 

"Yes. Even though the fingerprint isn't hers and there were no machines found in her room, we found a notebook that has the same paper as the diary entry and she has the same stamps as those on the envelops." Aizawa says. "Also, the ink in a pen of her's is identical. The tape sent in Osaka had flower pollen from the flowers found where Misa had lived before this April. There is no such flower is Kantou." 

"She also has the receipts for the train tickets from when she went to Nagano and Tokyo to send the other tapes." Matsuda says. "The security tapes of those days are still intact, we can easily borrow them to make sure. There is no way out for her." 

"Yes, with all that evidence, there is no doubt that she is it." Chief Yagami states. 

"Yes, it must be her." Ryuzaki agrees. "The only things left, are to find out how she killed those people, and if she knows Kira. And, if she does, who is he? We have to make her talk." 

Then, what he says next actually suprises Anne, as well as everyone else. 

"Watari, do everything possible within the limit of keeping her alive to make her talk, even slight torture." 

Watari seems unbothered by Ryuzaki's order. "Yes, sir." He replies. 

"Also, Mr. Yagami, I have already restricted access for Light to come in here." Ryuzaki says. "In the near future, I may summon him here for questioning, I hope you will prepare yourself for that."