The Chesmire Smile War

Joseph's POV

I wake up to my alarm clock at five am and jump in the shower. After in turn on the tv to watch the news, I began to put on my coffee and put on my grey suit pants and a white blouse as I take my jacket and my snoopy navy blue tie to the kitchen. Ever since I've been wearing ties I've always like some type of neat character or pattern. Suits are boring already so why no spice it up?

I listen to the whether which the high is about a good 55 in October which I view as okay and the traffic is as cluttered as always. There is a knock at my door and I look at my watch: 7:05. I looked through the peephole and see my chauffeur and my second father: Vincent.

Vincent used to be an Italian Indy driver when he used to live in Italy. Then decided to move to America to see if he could race professionally here, but he found out it was hard to get into the industry if you didn't have any connections. That was when he met my dad When I was about 16 and hired him to be my chauffeur. Once I owned the company, I continued to have him drive me. He's has taught me a lot about the things my father was too "sophisticated" to tell. Like the sex talk to even how to tell if a lady might be on her period and what to do about it.

So when he appeared at my door instead of calling my phone or just waiting until I came out... I knew something was up.

"Vince what's up?" I walk into my kitchen to put on my tie and jacket.

"Your father was you to come in as soon as possible." I nod and put my coffee mug in the sink and turning my tv off. I followed Vincent to the elevator as a girl named Penelope walks on.

"Hey Joseph"
"Hey Penny" She smiles. She really looks beautiful but she says I'm not her type...

No man is her type...
Which is completely ludicrous.

"Hey Sephy, is she okay I couldn't imagine that happening to me."

"What...." the elevator rings and Vince drags me out. Once we get in the car and began to go the building, I asked the important question of all....

"Vince what's going on? Why did my father.send for me? I knew it couldn't be anything to do with the company because we we're in a surplus in profits and sells.

"Joe,I can't believe you haven't heard however it isn't my place to say."

I nod at that as we park in front of Smith's enterprises. We mostly work in coding and security software. I see Glen, our receptions, as I walk through the doors. I see that this may not be the best time to crack a joke.

"Mr.Smith,Mr.Smith wants you to meet him in the executive conference room. What the hell is going on?

I reach the elevator and push 45 which is the highest floor excluding the basement. Once I reach the floor and turn to the tie big oak door right across from my office. The first thing that catches my eyes is the red ginger hair girl holding a styrofoam cup of coffee.

"Iverson?" She looks up in awe.
"Smith! What the fuck are you doing here!??" She whisper yells.

"I fucking work here? What are you doing here?!?!"

"Now Joseph, behave and use pleasant words to such a beautiful lady." My father booms behind me. He has shiny grey hair with hazel eyes with wrinkles on the side of then.

"Father it's such a wonderful surprise to see you here,since there is just you,Iverson and myself,what is the occasion? "

My father pressed the overhead remote and press play on the interview that I did on Saturday with Sophie by my side.

"I see this and I almost believed my son but this magazine came out saying that Ms.Iverson was cursing at a young reporter because of a wine mishap.

"Mishap my ass" Sophie mummered under her breath so only her and I could hear

"So I conducted a background check..."
"Excuse me sir...."

"And I've seen some of the feminist sided articles that you've had written, and seen what kind of character you have."

"And what character would that be?" Sophie smiles as she leans forward.

"The character of being a little less shall i say classy." My eyes widen while I hear Sophie scoff and lean back.

"If you really checked my background,you would've seen that i graduated my high school as class Salvadorian and I've gotten a couple beauty agents under my belt so it was kind of impossible to be considered unclassy." Sophie says grinning like she was on top of the world, but if i knew my father any better, i knew he wouldn't let her win. 

"Oh really, your articles don't do you such justice... tell me did someone edit behind you to make you look that way?" i could see Sophie's smile dim a little bit as she tried to have the same face as she did before.

"Well no, i edit all of my work and i seem to be doing a pretty good job with that."

"Well i though Mr.Chandler demoted you, clearly you don't seem to be doing any good." This is where I knew that this was going somewhere to early to be at so I clear my throat.

"So father, what does this have to do with today? What is it you are concern about." The both look at me as if I an unwelcomed party to the conversation. 

"I was just seeing who this wonderful lady was who my son has been dating for months that I didn't even know about.  Make sure you come and enjoy our house at the Hamptons, we're trying to get there before the whether gets too chilly out there. What do you say Ms. Iverson?"

"Ill be delighted to." she said as she extended her hand out for and handshake. She smiles and this smile look liked it could kill my dad anytime. 

bnb bnb bnb 

i know such a long time for this and im super excited to get it done!!! the top picture is Josephs dad who i can say is a little... nevermind you guys can figure out yourself so see yall later and hopefully it wont take me long :)