Chapter 1

'Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite'.  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Nanami it's time to wake up". Opening my eyes slowly I look up to see my maid Sarah standing over top of me.

"Sarah what time is it". Rubbing my eyes I groggily stretch my arms and tail.

"It's 10am princess". My eyes open suddenly realizing what time it is.

"10am!!! I was supposed to be having classes today at around 8am". Sarah laughs then swims to my closet and picks up a pink silk gown with pearls around the hem and neckline of the gown.

"Princess today is Saturday meaning your classes aren't today".

"What but Nathan and Sophia told
Me". At that instant I can hear giggling at the door and I spin around to see Nathan and Sophie peeking through my door laughing.

"Nathanial!!Sophia!!". Getting off my bed and swimming after my brother and sister I yell at them playfully while they keep swimming away from me, but the fun ended quickly.

"Nanami Coral Alexandria Rose what do you think you are doing". My Step-mother swims up to me looking as annoyed as ever.

"I'm having fun Janice is that such a terrible crime". She scowls at me looking at me then Nathan and Sophia.

"You are 19 years old Nanami I would have thought that you had learned to behave in a proper manner".

"Well I would behave if you didn't have a clam stuck up your butt every time we are having fun". I say mimicking her voice. Worst thing I could've done.

"DIDN'T YOUR MOTHER TEACH YOU TO RESPECT MERFOLK". My eyes widen at the mention of my dead mother.

***Flashback***

"Mama". The 5 year old me swam around the rocks near the surface giggling and having fun.

"Oh Nanami..Where are you". My mother laughs as I swim away.

"Gotcha!" She yells as she catches up to me and grabs me by my waist lifting me in the air. Hugging her tightly I notice the waves are starting to get rough and the sea isn't calm.

"Mama what's happening" I look at my mothers face but scream when I see what she's looking at. A pirate ship.

"Look boys 2 maidens swimming in the ocean". One of them laughs while they bring out a net.

"Nanami swim away, and go find your father". I look at her then back at the ship.

"But mama".

"GO NANAMI". I jump out of her arms and rush back to my home trying to find my father.

"DADDY, DADDY HELP". Tears stream from my eyes forming little bubbles that float up.

"Nanami what's wrong".

"It's mommy". Taking my fathers hand we swim up to the rocks where we were playing but it was to late. There lying on one of the rocks tied down by a net and blood pooling over the sides was my mother.

"ALEXANDRIA". My father rushes to her with me hot on his tail. My mother opens her eyes and sees me and my father, and smiles then reaches up touches my fathers cheek then she looks at me.

"I love you Nanami". Her eyes close and all I can remember is ringing.

***End Of Flashback***

"You don't have the right to talk about my mother". Janice smirks knowing she got a bad reaction out of me.

"Janice, Nanami what's going on". Here comes my father, king of the seven seas, and one of my best friends.

"Darling, me and Nanami were only having a small girl chat". My father looks at me while I glare at Janice. Janice notices this and says,

"Oh dear did you tell Nanami the great news". Looking at my father confused I ask,

"What news".

"Your getting married to Prince Hayworth". My jaw drops, my eyes widen and a scream starts to form.

"WHAT".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"See you later Cecilia". I growl at her playfully nipping her ear when she walks away.

"Son". I turn around as I see my mother approaching me looking worried.

"What is it mother". She looks at me then at Cecilia who is just about to turn the corner.

"Your almost to the point in your life where your mate will come along, what are you going to do to explain this". I look from my mother then back to the place where Cecilia has disappeared.

"I will reject her I don't need a mate, I don't need one woman tying me down my whole life". I look at my mother again and her jaw has dropped and her eyes are as wide as saucers.

"What". I look at her confused. Her face turns a deep shade of red and she slaps me. My eyes widen with surprise.

"You will not reject your mate in my house or you are not the son I raised Xander". My mother turns and walks away probably to go tell my father. I groan and walk into my room thinking.

'Why would I need one woman tying me down when I can have as many girls as I want when I want'. Rolling my eyes I roll onto my side and darkness takes over.

Hai guys thanks for reading the first chapter of my new book it's 12am but I had a lot of inspiration to write this book so please enjoy~Lexi<3