Chapter 15

We spent the next days before Chris' birthday around the city, sightseeing with Scott and Lisa. I Skyped with mum a few times because the Evans kept me very busy with their tourist timetable. 

"Be safe, my love," Mum said happily. "And tell Chris I said thanks for taking you out!"

I got along with Lisa very well, Scott was the cutest guy alive and the time I spent with Chris' sisters they were very special with me too. One day we were invited to a BBQ at Robert's house, I met Chris' dad, his wife and his kids.

"Just call me Robert, sweetheart, it's a pleasure to meet you!" Chris' dad said very enthusiastic.

He was so kind. Scott told me that he never used to get along with Chris' girlfriends. 

"And the 'I'm not his girlfriend' shit has no room here, okay?" Scott cut me off before I could actually say it.

I remember hearing Chris' parents having a serious conversation about...

Yes, me. 

"The girl is more mature than I could imagine," I heard Robert talking to Lisa. 

She nodded. "She's perfect, it's a shame they were born at the wrong time." They both chuckled.

"You know I'm a bit older than you and that wasn't a problem for us," Robert argued. 

"I know, but times have changed. Isn't well seen a man like Chris with a girl like Anna," Lisa looked at Robert, he gave her a 'are you kidding me' look. "Who am I trying to fool? They look perfect!"

I smiled like an idiot when I heard that. Unfortunately all the stuff I heard couldn't be possible, Chris hadn't asked me to be his girlfriend, neither I was willing to accept. And I promised myself I won't.  

I woke up the next day by the sound of my alarm at 6:30. Yes, it was Chris' birthday and I wanted to help Lisa to get everything done while he was sleeping.

"I'm not his girlfriend but I would rather wake up early as hell than keep sleeping until 10am just for seeing him smile, yes, sure," I muttered as I got dressed to go downstairs.

"Good morning sweetie!" Lisa greeted me. "I wasn't expecting you to wake up that early."

I wanted to say that I wasn't either but decided to keep it to myself. "I'm here to help you in whatever you'd need!" 

"That's lovely!" she said with a big smile. "I can see why Chris clicked with you!" Oh, staph!

I decorated every corner of the ground floor with blue, red and white balloons, party streamers and festoons. 

"Are we celebrating Chris' birthday or the 4th of July?" I couldn't contain myself and laughed at the finished product. 

Lisa laughed too. "I know, Chris' favorite colors are those, that's why he looks good on Cap's suit."

"Oh, that's why I couldn't see anyone else than him playing Steve Rogers," we both laughed at my statement.  

We finished doing everything as Scott went downstairs. "Good morning ladies, dad is on his way with Shana and Carly," Scott was scrolling his phone. "Betty confirmed and also uncle Bart is coming with his family. I haven't seen the cousins in like a century!" 

"What about Chris' friends, the Williams and the Davis?" Lisa asked. I was already in shock. 

"Oh, sure, I called them all and they said they'll come!" Scott said smiling. "Busy day ahead, Anna."

I faked a smile. I knew about the surprise party, obviously, but I thought it was a small party, like a family celebration or something less huge. It was gonna be fantastic being introduced as Chris' friend while I can still taste his kisses from last night. I loved that, I couldn't wait to it! Fuck.