Chapter 14

"We'll be late if you keep wasting time on unnecessary things," Chris said very impatient while I checked every single plug to be unplugged. 

"You know, just one of those things could cause a conflagration," I explained standing up from the floor. "I won't be here the next two weeks so, better safe than sorry."

Chris snickered. "Okay, Miss. Prevention," he took my suitcase and opened the door. "But don't take more than five minutes, we're already late for lunch."

We were going on a road trip to Boston. A ROAD TRIP IN AMERICA, woohoo! We had to spend around 4 or 5 hours from New York to our destination. I'd updated the music on my iPod so we could enjoy the long trip a bit more. 

"Please don't put anything related to that Bieber guy," Chris begged.

I burst in laughter. "Hey, I'm 24, I listen the hell I want." 

"No comments." Chris tried to suppress a laugh as I glared at him. "It's totally fine, I like you in that way too," he kissed the back of my hand. 

We sang during the whole ride, from way-too-old songs like 'Thriller' to Billboard top 10 'Bad Blood'. I enjoyed the landscapes, the warm wind, Chris' company, everything was perfect.

"You look so happy today," Chris suddenly spoke after some minutes in silence. 

I grinned. "It's because I've never lived the summer in this way. The summer here is actually summer!" 

"I'm glad you're living it after 24 years," he took my hand. "And you'll be even more surprised when we get to Florida."

I felt goosebumps just to think about that. "But first Boston, right?" I joked. 

"First The Evans Family," he joked back.

After the longest 4 hours and 40 minutes of my year, we got to the Evans' house. I was wearing a lilac summer dress, a pair of white sandals and my hair was tied up in a perfect donut. I was a bit nervous about meeting Chris' family, it obviously was gonna put even more pressure to this relationship, but Chris looked so happy that I would have regretted saying no to him.  

"It's okay, An, they're gonna love you, you'll see," Chris gave me a reassuring look, I nodded as he rang the bell. "You look gorgeous, by the way."

After a few seconds the door opened. A beautiful blonde woman came out with a smile plastered on her face; his mom. I knew her because I googled her before Chris picked me up that morning. I know, right?

"Chris, sweetie! Welcome home!" She hugged her almost breaking his bones. 

"Mom, hi!" Chris hugged her back as the baby he was. 

"I'm so happy to have you here," they pulled back. "Oh, you must be the gorgeous Anna!"

I was in shock. "Good afternoon, Mrs. Evans, nice to meet you," was all I manage to say. 

"Chris didn't do you justice, you're extremely beautiful!" God, that woman was sooo kind. "Welcome to this, also your home!"

"Thank you, ma'am."

"Oh no, just call me Lisa," she chuckled.

Chris smiled at me. "I told you, she's lovely."

We entered the house. I recognised Scott and there were two other girls, Chris' sisters, I guessed. 

"Hey Anna, nice to meet you, I'm Scott," Scott stood up as soon as he saw me. He already knew my name. Points for him. 

"Hi Scott, nice to finally meet you!" I answered very happy.