Killing My Heart Chapter 16

"What?,"I asked.

I could not believe what I heard. Hayden had already moved on? Most importantly with Leslie. She is not right for him. How can he be over me? The sound of the words hurt more than I imagined. I never thought those two words killed me.

What am I saying?

This is what I wanted. Right? Of course I wanted this. It takes a load off of me and my problems. He is noting but more than trouble. But then why do I feel like someone just shot me in my heart? Why do is words feel like a million needle going to into my heart.

Hayden sighed and ran his hand through his hair."I said you are right. I am tired of you trying to resist me, holding back from me, your not giving me a chance. I am done. If you want me to leave you alone, I will. I don't want to try anymore if we keep fighting."

I nodded my head. "I understand."

He came close to me and pulled me to him. His arms wrapped around me, pushing me closer to his warm body. I closed my eyes , not wanting to waste any moment with him. Of whats left of the time we have together.

"I don't want to try,"... His words echoed in my head. He is done with me. He wants nothing to do with me anymore. He is done. Giving up.

"Carmen,"He whispered.

"Hayden,"I answered back to him. I rested my head on his shoulder, facing my head to him. He looked down and smiled softly. His head came down and kissed my forehead.

For the last time...

~*~*~*

"Queremos un tratado de paz con su banda,"Victor, the Guerreros gang leader, said in a calm voice. There was ten men behind with big ass guns. They all looked big and buff. You could see thier mucles rippling every time they move their arms.

They would look hot if they were in my gang. But their not so they looked fucked up. I thought about the question he asked. Would I really give him a fucking peace treaty after what he did to my gang? No. But to have the chance to stop the mad battle between us, I would give in a heartbeat.

It doesn't mean I am being a coward. It means that I will do anything to protect the people that I care about. We are not ready for a fight, much less a war. I know when we are ready or not. I have to do whats right for the gang.