Who Said Americans Can't Be Wizards? [A Harry Potter Based Love/Adventure Story]

---Third chapter! I'm actually having a lot of fun writing this, even thought it might suck a little bit. This is honestly the farthest I've gotten with an online story so... WHOOOOO!!! LOL, anyway, thanks to all of my readers for reading! It really means a lot!---

Chapter Three

+*+ +*+ +*+ +*+ +*+ +*+ +*+ +*+ +*+ +*+ +*+ +*+ +*+ +*+ +*+ +*+ +*+ +*+ +*+ +*+ +*+ +*+ +*+ +*+ +*+

After everyone got sorted into their houses, and after we all enjoyed the magical food that came seemingly out of nowhere, the house Prefects shuffled all of the students to their houses. I pushed my way to the crowd heading toward the Gryffindor house so I was in front. I really, really, REALLY wanted to see the common room. It sounded like a really cozy place, from what I'd heard.

The Gryffindor House Prefect (which looked like he could be Ron, Fred, and George's brother and probably was) led us all to a portrait of a really fat lady in a horrifyingly unflattering yellow dress. He said the password ("Balderdash.") loud enough so we could all hear, and then the portrait swung inward to a dark hallway with a light at the end of it.

The poor Prefect pretty much got run over by everyone. He tried to slow everyone down, but it was no use. I was one of the first people to enter the common room, and I grabbed a comfy looking seat by the fireplace. As everyone else filed in, I was looking out for Fred and George. When I found them, I smiled big and waved furiously.

They just laughed and walked over to me with Ron, Harry, and a small red-headed girl. How many Weasleys were there?

"Hey Miri," Ron said.

"Hi," I said, smiling. "Who's this?" I gestured to the little girl, who was hiding behind George.

"This is our little sister," he said.

"Her name's Ginny," Fred added.

"Nice to meet you," I said earnestly. "Is she a first year? Because I didn't hear her name get called."

"No, she's just visiting for the day," Fred said.

"Oh, okay."

Then Harry spoke up. "Hullo, Ginny, it's nice to see you again."

Ginny blushed furiously and hid comepletly behind George. "I think she likes you, Harry," George said, smirking at Harry, who was a light pink.

"So?" he grumbled. We all laughed.

"Okay," the Prefect shouted. The girl's and boy's dormitories are up those stairs, and..."

"That's our brother," Fred whispered.

"His name's Percy, and he's a real twit," George added.

"He doesn't seem like it," I whispered back, skeptical.

"He's always trying to impress everyone, and he barely talks to the family anymore. He's always writing letters to the ministry and whatnot," George explained.

"Oh, then I guess he's some form of a twit if he doesn't visit you and your family. By the way, I've counted 5 Weasleys so far... How many people are in your family?" I asked, very curious.

"Well there's me-" Fred started.

"-and me-" George said.

"-and Ginny-"

"-and Ron-"

"-Bill-"

"-Charlie-"

"-Percy-"

"-and Mum-"

"-and then Dad. That's eight, right, George?"

"No, Fred, that's nine."