Chapter 1-

Chapter 1-  

3rd Person POV-  

*Raven Academy*  

The moment Sera woke up, she knew something was wrong. Despite her happiness from Nalin proposing, she was worried when he hadn't come last night. And her nightmares, worse since the battle, had raged on all night.   

"Are you okay?" Izzy asks as she comes out of the bathroom. Her hair is pulled up into a complicated bun with bangs that Sera had never seen before swept to the side. Her face showed that she had put on makeup, too.  

All of that immediately made Sera feel uneasy. Izzy never got up earlier than her, and she NEVER got that dressed up. Sera had had to beg her to do her makeup the night before at the dance.  

"Yeah, I'm fine..." Sera mumbled, still confused as she got out of bed and headed towards the bathroom. After a few minutes, she was ready. But when she went back into the room, Izzy was gone. She also never left without her or without telling her.  

"Why do I have a feeling today's going to be a weird day?" Sera sighs as she grabs her bag.

**********  

Josh knew something was up when Nalin left his stuff in a pile on the floor. Nalin was a neat freak. He had everything in perfect stacks on his shelf, his bed was always made, and whenever Josh left something out, he knew Nalin was going to have a freak. But today, Nalin had just thrown his clothes on the floor and not made his bed. 

"Is something wrong?" Josh asks, concerned as Nalin waits for him to get his shoes on. Nalin looks up from the floor as if just noticing him. "Is it Sera? Did she say no?"  

Nalin looks confused for a second before just shrugging. Without a word, he gets up, grabs his stuff, and walks out.  

**********  

After 2nd Hour as everyone heads to lunch, Samantha grabs Josh and Sera just as they were about to enter. Gesturing to be quiet, she leads them into an empty classroom. Then, she sighs.  

"Something isn't right."  

"Yeah, I know," Sera says, glad she's not the only one thinking that. "Izzy's acting different. And did anyone know she had bangs?"  

Samantha and Josh shake their heads.  

"Izzy's been acting wierd? I thought it was only Nalin," Josh says.  

"What? Nalin?" Sera says, alarmed.  

"Usually he's a clean freak-"  

"You're just messy." Sera protests.  

Josh rolls his eyes.

"Whatever. But now he's just throwing stuff all over the place and he hasn't said anything to me all day."   Sera suddenly feels sick, almost. Nalin hadn't talked to her, too. In fact, he'd been trying his best to avoid her.  

"Claire's really strange, too. Caralynn had asked her if she would give her the power to control someone so she could play a joke on someone. But Claire just got this really weird look on her face. She gave Caralynn this whole speech about how that was wrong. Caralynn looked like she was about to drown her."  

"Do you think it's weird that we're all worried about this?" Sera asks, her voice quiet. Josh sighs and Samantha shrugs.  

"Maybe they're still not over the battle. Didn't Izzy and Nalin have near-death experiences?" Samantha suggests.  

"I, and other's, had near-death experiences but you don't see us acting wacko." Josh says, his tone almost sarcastic but his eyes showing worry.  

"I don't know," Sera shakes her head. "Let's just talk to them later. But, until then, watch what you say and who you talk about this with."  

"What? Do you think they're dangerous or..." Samantha starts, but trails off. None of them say anything, but they all know what she was thinking.  

We can't trust them...  

"Just be careful," Sera says as she walks out of the classroom. 

*************************************************

(A/N) I have an announcement to make!!! Since, I'm making some big changes in this book, I've decided to have some character changes, too. In the comments, you may choose up to three new powers for your characters to have. I won't add them right away, but as the characters grow and learn in this book, I'll add them when needed. Also, If you have any special requests, you can private message me.

P.S. 'A mistaken three shall be bound in a nightmare jail'... Ya getting it now? If not, I'll explain more later.