Chapter 2-

Chapter 2-

Izzy's POV-

We had been wandering around the woods for about three hours before we finally collapsed.

"It feels like we've been going around in circles." Claire sighs.

"But we have to get out of here." I groan, getting up and trying to walk out of the forest again. But I suddenly find myself walking back at Nalin and Claire. I groan again, falling into the dirt.

Nalin shakes his head sadly. "They must know the others aren't us... Sera... She's got to be able to tell it isn't me... They've got to know..." He says the last part quietly.

I look at him and Claire. We all look so despaired. Like we've already lost all hope.

"Come on, guys. This isn't the end. Tomorrow we'll find a way out."

"What if they're in danger?" Claire whimpers, curling herself into a ball. Tears silently slip down her face.

I can't help it. I have to turn away from them and close my eyes to stop my own tears from coming.

"We have to get through this. And we have to do that by not losing hope. Let's just all get some rest." I whisper, lying down in the dirt as the wind whistles darkly through the trees. I shiver, still in only a thin night shirt.

Right before I fall asleep, a tear slips down my cheek and I wish I could go back to Raven Academy. To my home.

**********

That night I dreamed about my parents. It had been about a month since they had made their way into my dreams. In it, they were trying to warn me about something. They kept telling me not to lose hope, that they would protect me. They told me just to imagine where I want to go and I'd be free.

So I tried to do that.

I thought about Sera, probably asleep right now in the arms of a stranger. I thought about Jonah, possibly having no idea that his little sister is off somewhere alone right now crying. I thought about Josh, kissing someone who wasn't me. That one sent a shock of hurt and jealousy through me, though they all left me feeling empty.

I wish I was their now...

A bright light suddenly flashes in my eyes, temporarily blinding me.

"Izzy?" A familiar voices says.