Chapter 6-

I'm starting again with the snippets. So, if you want a special part for your character, please send in a snippet! Here's a snippet for Sera.

Chapter 6-

Sera's POV

As I walk into the cafeteria, I can't help but hope that Nalin will actually speak to me, or at least look at me. He's already sitting at the table with many of the other when I take my seat beside him. He doesn't look my way, and he twirls his thumbs nervously.

"Hey, you okay?" I say, nudging him with my shoulder. His gaze meets mine. To my disappointment, his eyes are not full of the love I'm become so used to.

"Huh?" He says as if he didn't hear me.

"You know, last night was rough. I missed you. Is everything okay?" I ask slight concern in my voice.

"Oh well, uhh." His voice trails off. I take his chin in my hands and raise it upward so that his lips meet mine. The action is stopped abruptly, and I gasp as he pushes me away. The whole table seems to turn their attention in our direction. A couple of their faces show that nobody knows what to do.

I study Nalin's face, desperately searching for answers.

"Get your filthy hands away from me." He says, disgusted. I feel as if I've just been smacked in the face.

"Everything, the ring… you didn't really mean it, did you?" I say, choking back a sob.

"I don't understand what I've done wrong here." He replies, no emotion in his voice.

"You can't just love me for four years the way you have and just throw it away, Nalin!" Tears slide down my face as I stand up and grab my bag. 

"You can have your stupid ring." I fling it off of my hand onto the table beside him and run out of the cafeteria, unable to control my emotions.

Third Person POV

Lexi stares at the scene in front of her. Sera's ring is still circling itself on the counter, and all eyes have turned to Nalin.

"Nalin, what the heck?" Josh says, "I know you better than this."

"Well it's her fault... she just kissed me like that!" Nalin replies.

"How can you say one minute that you want to marry a girl and the next throw her out like you want nothing to do with her?" Samantha says as she stands, grabbing the ring. She takes one last look at the scene before walking out, following the path that Sera had taken.

She finds Sera sitting outside on the grass with her head on her knees, crying.

"Sera..." She says, placing a hand on her back and sitting beside her on the ground.

Sera looks up, but not at Samantha. "He loved me, Samantha. Something's just not right." She sobs.

"There definitely is something strange going on here. I just… I just don't know what." She says, softly.

Sera reaches up and rubs a finger beneath her eye. "Crap, my makeup's running." She sighs.

"It’s okay, Sera. I'll help you fix it." Samantha says as she reaches into her purse and hands Sera a tissue.

"Thanks." she says, rubbing the black streaks from her face.

"See? Much better."

"Samantha, I can assure you one thing."

"Yeah?"

"That is not the man I fell in love with. That is not my Nalin."

"Sera, if that's true, then don't be angered at this one. You have to keep hope that yours will return."

"I know he will. I just....the uncertainty is tearing me apart."

"And don't rip off your ring just because some deadbeat is trying to get at you. You're stronger than that." Samantha takes the ring she had taken from the cafeteria out of her bag and extends it to Sera.

Sera smiles lightly and takes it out of her hand. She rolls it in her palm before replacing it on her own hand.

She stares at it, thinking.

Nalin, I know somehow, somewhere, you still love me.

She desperately hoped that that was true.

******************************************************

If any of you liked this snippet (or didn't), it was written by the amazing Winx51. Can you please do me and her a favor by checking out her book Grandfather's Clock? It's so awesome! Thanks!