Chapter 10-

Chapter 10-

Josh's POV-

I watch as Izzy walks back and forth from across the room. I struggle internally; why can't my mind reach her? I'm one of the best, and only, telepaths here, so shouldn't I be able to reach her? I have been feeling sick lately. Like something is eating me, trying to replace something inside. 

I walk back to his dorm, where Nalin lies in his junk pile. Sure, Nalin's neatness was annoying before, but I never wanted something like THIS. Socks lie everywhere, books strewn across the floor, even some of Sera's clothes lie out in the open from when they used to sleep together. Though, that had been a long time ago, and they eventually switched to Sera's room; they had never seemed to trust me much. But now everything is different. Sera clings to me all day, especially when Nalin is around, abd rarely speaks to Izzy. Something was wrong.

I lie down to bed, and for just think. About before Izzy. About my old life, and even Sarah. 

A light glows before my eyes, and a figure walks to me. I look around. I am no longer in my room, but a plain without color or, well, anything. I pull up my hand for a fireball, but instead a small orb of light gently floats in my hand. It glows with a kaleidoscope of colors, all forming to make a pure white light. 

"Josh," my head snaps to the figure. I recognize her voice, but it can't be. No, it can't...

Sarah smiles at me, a gown of light and a crown gold adorning her. Her body doesn't seem to be made of flesh, but light itself. 

"How..," I gasp.

She smiles that same loving smile I remember, "We both know I can't answer that. Wether from Purgatory or Heaven I do not know, but I have been sent with a message for you my love," her bright face turns dark as a swirling image appears before us. Izzy, Nalin, and Claire sitting in a dark forest. "They are in danger, Josh."

I look up, "Are.. are they in Hell?" 

"No, but as close and they be without facing death. Josh, a great evil has been unleashed, one that will destroy your world if Isabel does not stop it."

"Izzy? But the prophecy... We won..."

"The prophecy foretold that this was not over. That the Dark would take three of your most powerful friends. Isabel is the only one who can face this shadow. You have already seen what it has done to Reaper and Jezebel. You must set them all free."

"Set them all free? Reaper and Jezebel chose their own fate! They should die for their crimes."

"No Josh. In these times, the Dark and Light blur together into Grey. But, you... You are not. Your powers do not come from magic but pure Light, just as Isabel's did. And you must help her see that and help bring balance back to the world."

I glance down,  "But.... I'm not strong enough."

Sarah laughs, "My love, you have always had the strength within you. Just as Isabel can only destroy the Darkness, you must heal it. You are bound to each other, a Healer and Conquer. But a healer may also be a warrior, and a conquer may also be a maiden," Tears fill her eyes as her radiant lips meet mine,  "I will always love you, my sweet. And though I can not fight this for you, I will always be with you."

Sarah's light begins to open and pour out like a river, golden energy flowing through me. I feel new warmth, new life, and her voice echoes in my head as the plain fades. 

"Remember Josh. Set everyone free." 

************************************************************************************************************