Chapter 5-

Chapter 5-

Izzy's POV

My eyes pop open. It takes me a minute before my breath slows. Then, I start to notice that my hands are clawed into the dirt. Dirt. I'm back in the nightmare forest.

"I slept horrible," I hear Nalin from somewhere behind me.

"Yeah, I didn't even have any dreams last night." Claire's voice says, yawning at the end.

"Me either... That's weird." Nalin says.

"It's like this place just sucks all of the happiness and dreams out of you. I now understand how people say you can go crazy without dreams." She laughs humorlessly for a second. Then it's so quiet.

"I don't understand how she can sleep so long." Nalin says and I can tell he's talking about me. He thinks I'm not asleep.

"I'm not asleep," I say, sitting up.

Nalin shrugs. "You still slept longer than either of us."

"That's because I dreamed... Or it might have been a dream..."

I tell them everything that happened in my "dream". About finding myself in Josh's bathroom. About the lab. I try to remember every single detail.

"So... Was it a dream...? Or was it real?" I finish up. They stare at me with wide eyes. Finally, Nalin clears his throat.

"Izzy, I may be wrong, but I think I've heard about that in class before. It's called Dreamscaping or Dream Manipulation." Nalin says, looking nervous.

"What...?" I ask, almost scared to know.

Nalin doesn't look at me as he answers. "Its a very rare ability. Do you know why?"

I shake my head. Claire answers.

"Because it's only been found to be used by the super rare Magicians."

Nobody says anything as I let that sink in.

"Wait... Are you saying... I'm a Magician....?"

Claire nods. "It fits. And if you are, that means you are one of the only 100 Magicians left in the world."

My head starts to spin. "Great... I'm an endangered species."

"And that's not all..." Nalin says quietly. He looks up at me. "Izzy... There's another reason why Dreamscaping is so rare... Not all Magicians have it..."

He sighs again, obviously trying to figure out how to say it. Finally, he just says it.

"Izzy, it's a Dark power. Only the Dark has been known to have it."

***********************************

Hopefully these two chapters make up for not updating for a while. Do you guys forgive me?