Chapter 14-

Chapter 14-

Izzy's POV-

Good God, my head hurts. I groan, rubbing it as I attempt to sit up. My eyes open, but it feels like they don't. It’s pitch black where I am so it takes a second to adjust. I'm back in my room. Or am I...?

Suddenly the door opens, and I lay back so fast, my head spins even more. I curse myself for doing that but I stay absolutely still, trying to fake sleep. My breath evens out as the light continues to shine in my eyes. I try not to fidget.

"She just fainted when I introduced myself." A girl says, sighing.

"Did you have to get her back here yourself, Luna?" A deeper voice says. My throat constricts but I don't do anything.

"It was no problem. Easy levitation." The girl says, and I imagine her shrugging.

"Well, you can go to dinner now. I will watch after the girl. What was her name again?" The man asks. I can't tell if I'm imagining things but he seems to be only acting polite.

"Isabel. I don't remember seeing her last name."

"Thank you very much, Luna. Go down to dinner and make sure my son doesn't cause too much trouble, please."

The girl doesn't say anything else as the door closes. The room is once again plunged into darkness. I wonder if the man- my grandfather by the sound of his voice- is here. I can't hear him. It's maddeningly quiet in the room.

"You can stop faking now." He says, all politeness gone from his voice. I can once again see light through my eyelids. And feel heat...

I open my eyes to a fireball in my face. Screaming out in surprise, I fall off the back of the bed. You know, because I'm just so graceful like that. I know the fire won't hurt me but I'm still not used to it. It’s kind of hard to reprogram your mind that fire won't hurt you after 16 years.

"Ow, what was that for?" I grumble, looking up to see it actually is my grandfather. But he doesn't look like himself... Usually he looks pretty ancient, but now his hair is a light caramel brown with only a few grey hairs. How far back are we?

"Get up and come with me." He says, not listening to me. I scramble to get up and follow him as he leads the way with a fireball floating in his hand. No one roams the dark halls at night because of curfew. I glance around, noticing nothing is different. If it wasn’t for my young grandfather in front of me, I could almost convince myself that I was back to my own time.

"How can you do that?" I question, pointing towards his hand. Is this one of the special powers of Magicians? Could I do it? I know I can control fire but I’ve never tried to make it into a perfect sphere.

He looks down at it, then back at me. He shrugs as if that's a proper response.

I groan. "If possible, you're even more annoying now..." I grumble, too low for him to hear.

He leads me down the stairs and to his office. I expect him to chain me down from his attitude. But nothing looks different than it does now. Grandfather nods to the chair in front of his desk and I sit down hesitantly. He opens his mouth to say something when the wall to the hidden library opens. I give a strangled cry, jumping to my feet.

"YOU!" I scream as Draco Rowan emerges. He almost looks just like he did in the picture. Except that picture was taken probably more than 20 years ago. Then, Draco looked tan and youthful. Now, he looks quite pale and the skin under his eyes sags. He gives me a strange look before turning to my grandfather.

“Have you seen Xavier?” He asks, glancing around. My mouth falls open. XAVIER?!

“Xavier is here? How? He wasn’t even born yet!” I exclaim. My grandfather gives me a sharp look while Draco narrows his eyes at me. I shut my mouth and sit down.

“I am afraid not. Please try to find him soon, though. I do not want another parent complaining as we have to get their child out of his mouth.”

My eyes widen even more. Definitely not talking about the Xavier I know.

“Can someone fill me in here?” I interrupt again, quickly snapping my mouth shut. I’m used to just saying whatever I want around my grandfather…

Draco and my grandfather share a look before my grandfather nods. Draco turns his eyes on me. If looks could kill… The dude looks like he absolutely despises me.

“Xavier is my chimera.” He says. Pictures of when I got chased by a chimera flash through my mind.

“Wait. Goaty-liony-snakey thing?” I ask. Draco sighs and nods.

“And you just let it roam the school and eat kids as it wishes?”

“Excuse me, Xavier has never eaten a child!” He exclaims, turning his nose up at me. I roll my eyes.

“Sure… Right…” I mutter. I can almost see smoke coming out of his ears.

“Have you checked with Luna?” My grandfather interrupts, obviously trying to get me to shut up. “He has taken a liking to her.”

“Ah yes. I’ll go check with my daughter. Thank you, Headmaster Raven.” He nods his head at my grandfather, scowls at me, and leaves the office.

“Wait wait wait!” I exclaim, rising to my feet again. “Luna Rowan- that girl- she’s his daughter?!”

What the heck is going on here?

My grandfather sighs. “I’ve had just about enough of your questions. Sit.

Against my will, I’m pulled down by ropes that have suddenly sprouted from the chair. I gasp in surprise as they wrap around me until I almost can’t breathe. They end by wrapping around my mouth so I can’t talk.

“Now… The reason I brought you here…” My grandfather says, sitting at his desk. “How did you get in this school?

***

*SORRY THAT I ACCIDENTALLY UPLOADED THE STORY TO THE WRONG PLACE.*

Anyway, I'm also sorry for not uploading in forever. I started watching Naruto again and now I'm addicted (I have so many episodes to catch up with). But, I now have the ending planned out! It should be pretty soon! I promise it'll be happy, sad, and exciting!