Chapter 13-

Chapter 13-

3rd Person POV-

After walking for an hour to get to the nearest town, the nine students collapsed at a bus stop.

"So, we're riding the bus to Florida?" Samantha asks, easily heating herself to melt the snow. Andy and Jonah sneak behind her, holding their hands out like she's a fire.

"Where are we going to get the money?" Caralynn asks, for once sounding quiet with exhaustion.

"One, we're not riding the bus to Florida. We're riding it to the airport. Two-" Josh says, holding up a hand when several people open their mouths. "We're using this," Something in his hand flashes in the dark bus station.

"No way...", Luke whispers, closest to the object in Josh's hand. He grabs it and examines it. "You took the Headmaster's debit card."

Caralynn jumped up, Sera and Ellie looked shocked at Josh, and Jonah says "The Headmaster has a debit card?"

Josh shrugs, grabbing the card back. "Izzy once told me he had too much money. Besides, wouldn't he want to help save his only granddaughter?" He grabs the card back and shoves it in his pocket as the bus shows up. Josh gets on first, telling the driver where they need to go and paying. Nobody is on the bus except two men sitting at the front, so the nine take seats in the back.

"So what do we do when we get to Florida?" Sera asks, sitting next to Josh. Josh shakes his head.

"I don't know. Maybe someone has heard of Rowan Industries."

"We're kind of going in blind, aren't we?" Sera lays her head against the window, closing her eyes.

"Well, what else can we do?" Josh asks, laying his head back in his seat. Without even meaning to, they both fall asleep.

***

After riding for ten minutes, all the teens are asleep. The two men at the front get up to get off as the bus comes to a stop. Two other people in black jackets get on without saying a word. The driver doesn't even seem to see them as they walk towards the back. they stop at Lexi's seat in the very back. She opens her eyes to show them that they're golden. Taking down his hood, a boy shows her his identical eyes.

"Reaper. Jezebel." 'Lexi' nods her head in greeting as her eyes turn back crystal blue.

"Lexi." Reaper says while Jezebel just nods, her hood still up.

Lexi growls. "I hate that girl's name."

"Once you've finished your task, I'm sure Master will have no problem with you changing it." Jezebel says, smiling slightly.

"Have you learned anything new on your task?" Reaper asks.

Lexi snorts quietly. "They're all idiots. The girl's own sister doesn't even notice she's gone. They only know what's happening because people have made mistakes. Master gives them too much credit-" 

"Master Rowan knows what he is doing." Jezebel snaps, narrowing her eyes. "Do not question him ahnd focus on doing your job. Understand?"

Lexi lowers her eyes, not looking at Jezebel. "Yes."

Reaper sighs, bored. "Do the idiots know where they're going at least?"

"Yes. Nalin delivered Master's message before he was eliminated."

This time, Jezebel snorts. "If the first clones hadn't screwed up, we wouldn't have had to eliminate them."

Reaper smiled grimly. "Their acting was better when they thought they were actually being betrayed by Nalin."