I Was Wrong

Ok so the A/N at the end should explain why I did this, but if you want to simulate the conditions when I was writing it, play the video at the side from 2:48 when you see this: *** Then stop when it goes back to the chorus.

This is literally just if you want to see the reason behind what happened when I wrote this (explained in the A/N) so don't worry about it too much :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell," He spat venomously, and I had to stop myself from cringing away and looking afraid. "was that?!"

He threw his arm out, gesturing to the place on the floor that me and Darren had kissed. I took a deep breath, squaring my shoulders and lifting my chin. My personal motto was that if you act like you're confident, people will think you are. It hasn't failed me yet, so I prayed it worked now. 

"That was none of your business." I said stiffly, turning away and stalking towards the kitchen. I'd taken less that five steps before he materialised in front of me. I gasped, jumping back as my hand flew to my throat in shock. He'd been holding out on me about his ghost abilities. 

His jaw was clenched, and his hands were balled at his sides. He was still furious. I took an involuntary step away.

"You don't even like him." He hissed at me, eyes narrowed.

"How would you know?" I hissed back, determined to hurt him as much as possible. I'd never wanted to hurt another person before. Until now, no one had hurt me badly enough. Even when my Dad died, I dealt with it rationally- but this made me lose all control.

"You liked Kyle. And that was before... before-" He ran out of anger halfway through the sentence, so I took my opportunity.

"Before what? Before you kissed me? Before you made me start to trust you and became my closest friend? Definitely before you just dropped me like trash." There were no raised voices from either of us as we argued, which only intensified our anger. My latest statement caused remorse to show on his face, but he wiped it quickly, leaving rage behind.

"Yes. Before all of that." He said through his teeth. "You don't like Darren. You're just trying to hurt me."

Damn. He saw through it. This pissed me off even more. What? He couldn't even pretend to believe it, and pretend it hurt him just to make me feel better? What an asshole! I lost it then.

"Yeah? Well I suppose it shows just how much I want you to hurt." A vindictive smile crept across my lips, and I put my hand on my hip. This was my best 'bitch pose' and it helped cause maximum damage with my next words. "Well you're going to be here forever. You'll have to watch when one day, it's not just to hurt you. It won't even be a crush. I'll be in love with someone. They'll make me happy, and when that day comes, I won't even remember who you are."

He flinched, stepping back. My smile widened, showing my teeth now. 

"Face it, Leo. You forgot that you didn't hold the power here. I did. Without me- you're nothing. But me? I have a whole life just waiting for me out there, while you'll be stuck in here, watching glimpses of me living it." I was secretly impressed with my words. I didn't know I had it in me. I felt guilt seeping through my system like anaesthetic through an IV. It crept to every corner of me and I wanted to snatch back my words, even though they made him as hurt as I wanted to. 

The guilt was replaced with shame when I refused to apologise, and it became so bad that I was forced to look at the ground. Tears brimmed in my eyes and I screamed curse words in my mind at my weakness.