Hugs, then kisses

I stretched and opened my eyes, adjusting to the darkness slowly stealing through my room. A glance at my clock told me I'd been asleep for a few hours. I turned to my side and looked at Leo, who was still laying next to me. He had his eyes closed, listening to the music. I reached my hand out, touching his, and his eyes flew open.

"I didn't know you were awake, sorry. You move a lot when you sleep." He said, frowning. 

"Yeah, no one ever wants to share a bed with me at sleepovers because they end up with bruises." This was no exaggeration. Sienna once had a huge purple bruise right in the middle of her shin because of me.

"Well, you can't hurt me, so it's fine." He said, grinning.

"I guess. What've you been doing while I was asleep?" He was in the same place as before, but me might have left for a while. Once again, I realised how much time I wasted sleeping.

"I've been listening to your music. I have some favourite artists now." He was so excited by this that I laughed. He looked like a kid at Christmas. 

"Really? Who?" I asked, genuinely interested. He launched into his list and explained them, too. I was surprised- most of his favourites were mine too. He talked for a long time, but it wasn't boring. He actually made me think about the artists I considered to be my favourite, and why. I felt a little bad, since I didn't want him to be biased because all the music was coming from my library, and even though I liked to think I listened to a lot of different stuff, I should probably expose him to more.

I went to my computer and started searching the Internet for the best of each genre. I lined up the videos on Youtube, and started playing them. He was a little confused at how different some of the styles were, but he gave them all a shot. He took a real shine to country music, requesting more and more of it. We sat, pleasantly listening to music and discussing it for a while, before I got hungry again. I went to feed myself, and when I got back, he was sprawled on my bed again, swaying to the music. 

I sighed. He really was damn cute.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" I asked, trying to keep him entertained. He nodded eagerly, and asked what to watch. I directed him to the DVDs and laughed when he picked out a dance movie. 

"Step Up 2? Really? You wait seventy years to watch movies... and you pick Step Up 2." I shook my head, laughing. He looked disgruntled. 

"What's wrong with it. Isn't it good?" 

"Yeah, it is, it's just... Not Titanic? Not Avatar? Not any of the iconic movies?" 

"This one has dancing in it. As good as your dancing was, I want to see other types." He said, nodding to himself, confident in his choice. He had a point. I took the movie and went to set it up.

"Hang on, you set the movie up yesterday. How did you do that?" I asked, only thinking about it now.

"I can move objects, remember? Press buttons, stuff like that." He said, arranging himself across the couch. I nodded and turned back to the TV. When I'd put the DVD in, I walked to the couch. Seeing him sprawled across the whole thing, I went to sit on the floor.

"What're you doing?" He asked, and I looked up at his face, his brow furrowing.

"Well, you're on the couch so-"

"I'll move," He said, already shuffling over. I thanked him and sat on the couch, lounging across it. He copied me, laying behind me. I could feel the fragile warmth on the back of my neck, and I welcomed it.

He enjoyed the movie. I could tell by his shuffling. He sat up and watched with extreme concentration during the final dance. It was cute. Especially as it had, literally, his undivided attention.