Pizza and a Movie

“Are you really Leo?” I asked, trying not to make it obvious that I was checking him out.

I know he was kind of stalking me, but I couldn’t deny his hotness.

His skin was kind of a rosy colour, and he had brown curls all over his head. His eyes were green, and his face looked so... happy. He wasn’t smiling, but I could just get this happy vibe, and it made me feel better about a stranger being in my home.

It also helped that he looked my age, and something about him made him look full of life. He was tall, but not ridiculously like Darren, and looked built enough. He wasn’t the toughest thing out there, so I could definitely believe his ‘ I’m shy’ story even if it was a little weird.

“Yeah, it’s really me.”

“Why have you come out now?”

“You were ready to see me. I’m glad- for a while I thought you might never be.” He smiled genuinely and came over to me. He sat down and motioned for me to join him. When I did, he turn so he was facing me. “Do you want to tell me what happened?”

“I- I... I don’t know. I mean, I don’t know you.” I replied, biting my lip. I didn’t want to offend him, since he was being nice. He looked up at the ceiling.

“But I know you, Kiwi.” He didn’t say anything for a while, and neither did I as I waited for him to explain exactly what he meant by that. But eventually the silence was broken. “So, why don’t you tell me. I’m a good listener.”

He laughed, and I realised I must have missed whatever the joke was.

“Well, umm.. I really liked this guy, and my best friend kissed him.” I said, feeling ridiculous.

“Well, maybe it was just a mistake. You know how confusing emotions are, I bet. Maybe they just kissed out of curiosity.” He smiled at the end to reassure me.

“Actually, then my friend came over and informed me that he didn’t want me. That he ‘got bored of me’ and basically proved she actually doesn’t like me very much.” I replied, smiling a little at how different the reality was to his explanation. He grimaced.

“Well then they’re not very nice people and you shouldn’t waste your time with them.”

“I wish I had that outlook on life. I guess I see why you’re so shy; if you go out with that attitude they’ll rip you to shreds.”

“Yeah, I guess. I’m very... selective of my friends.” He said, smiling shyly at me. “Would you like to be friends?”

“I think we were from the moment you tried to make me feel better.” I replied, smiling as he beamed back at me. “But I gotta ask- how did you get in?”

His face fell.

“Oh... umm... the back door was unlocked.” He said looking away.

“Really?” Crap. If anyone other than him had found it...

Why was I trusting him? I hardly knew him.

But I honestly believed he wasn’t going to hurt me. I know that’s the sort of attitude that lands you on missing posters, but there as that trustworthy vibe coming from him. Plus, I really needed a friend right now.

“Would you like something to eat, or something to drink?” I asked politely, remembering just how hungry I was.

“Oh, no thanks. I ate... before.” He said, then smiled. “But don’t let that stop you.”

“Ok, well I’m gonna order Pizza. It seems like a Pizza kind of night. And how about we watch a movie? Or we can talk? Maybe you can tell me more about yourself.” I suggested, hoping he wouldn’t pick up on my burning curiosity. I wanted to know why he was in MY house- why not some other teenager’s?