Gwendolyn and her Enchanted Goblins

As some of you know, I am writing a story entitled, "Just a Mudblood"

In one of the chapters, there is a story called "Gwendolyn and her Enchanted Goblins".

Well, I've decided to write that story as a side to "Just a Mudblood".

If you haven't read it, I suggest you do so.

This is supposed to be a sort of fairy tale, so it is short, and there will NOT be more to me posting. It's just a side project. It’s SUPPOSED to be a bit overly dramatic – it sort of aids in the development of Draco’s character.

In a small town off the road of Godric’s Hollow, there lived a small witch named Gwendolyn. She was a very lonely girl, as her mother died in an unfortunate Dark Wizard incident. She put on a brave face for her father; if she showed signs of weakness, she was banished to her small bedroom shared with a few mice. She was a poor girl; they hadn’t a galleon to their name. Her day consisted of hunger pains, loneliness, and a great deal of imagination. Being wealthy wasn’t important to Gwendolyn. She’d much rather fantasize about adventuring to Siberia to meet the bloodthirsty vampires, or fighting dragons to save the king. She preferred it to prancing about in fancy dresses and fussing about hair.

Most of her little games were centered around becoming the greatest witch in the world, earning her father’s happiness and hoping that maybe he’d smile at her just once. She’d longed for her father’s praise, the pain of being ignored chipping bits of her vivaciousness away. And yet, she loved her father deeply. One day, when her father was looking for work, Gwendolyn decided to explor. There was a beautiful garden behind their tiny house, bearing an array of brightly colored wild flowers. She grinned at the potential of adventure flowing in the wind and breezing through her mind. She set to work, the setting of her story painting and staining itself in her smart and child – like mind. Today, she’d be visiting the fairy kingdom, saving the poor queen from an evil wizard that went as “Warlock of Zastada”. In the middle of picking a crucial plant to her rescue of the queen, she heard a small squeak. She decided it was her mind playing tricks on her, so she dismissed it. She could get a bit TOO inventive sometimes. She reached to pick the key to her mission again, listening carefully to make sure.

“AH! What are you doing?!” a tiny voice called, frightening Gwendolyn.

“Yes, this is our home, silly girl!” Shouted a second angry voice.

Gwendolyn looked down to see two angry, small people looking up at her. She gasped, falling backward in an attempt to escape.

“Don’t pay them any mind,” said a third, much kinder voice.

Behind Gwendolyn was another small person, smiling at her widely.

“W-what ARE you?!” She exclaimed, looking from person to person.

“Exceptionally unobservant, this one.” Scoffed the first person who spoke.

“We’re goblins, you insolent child.”

Gwendolyn was speechless.

“Goblins?” She inquired uncertainly.

The second goblin looked at her rudely.

“That’s wha’ ‘e said, ‘in’t it?”

“Garble, shut it.” The kind goblin said firmly.

The one called ‘Garble’ shot him a menacing look.

“Yes, miss. We’re Goblins. My name is Gabe.” The kind Goblin said, offering her a tiny hand.

She shook it hesitantly, the goblins hand barely bigger than the tip of one of her fingers.