Chapter 53?

Hello, lovelies. Shorter chapter, but I’ll update again tomorrow. I’m glad you’re all still sticking with the story. It makes me happy. I know it’s not fantastic, but I’m trying to do the best I can with what I started. I hope it’s not too sappy or anything. To be honest, I’ve never been very good at writing romance. I get uncomfortable even writing kissing scenes. xD So,  I must apologize if it’s not believable or awkwardly written. If I’m doing something wrong, please tell me. I’ll take all the criticism and help I can get. Also – some of you may be wondering about the way I’m writing Ron. I’m not trying to bash him by any means. I’m not trying to paint him to be a hero or anything, either. I just need you guys to understand that the reason I’m writing him this way is because he obviously cares for Hermione (if you hadn’t been able to tell) and he’s upset at how she’s treating Draco so civilly. I’m not at all trying to make him the bad guy. I’m doing the same with Harry in a way, so don’t take it the wrong way.

WARNING – There is a bit of bad language in this chapter.

Hermione’s eyelids fluttered, awakening from a rather deep, peaceful sleep. She squinted at the bright sunlight flooding in through her window. Immediately aware of her surroundings, she sat bolt upright, quickly glancing from side to side. Her feet were encased in a heavy blanket, and a pillow lay carelessly about on the floor. Strange – she hadn’t remembered retrieving either of those things. She smiled goofily to herself, thinking about how sweet it was of Draco to do it His name was a trigger word for a completely new stream of sudden thoughts to burst into Hermione’s mind. What if he was still there? He would see her before her generous application of hair potion, smell her morning breath and the rheum in the ducts of her eyes.

                She took a surveying, cautious look around the room and felt a mixture of relief and sadness that Draco wasn’t there. She waited a moment longer before standing up, just to make sure. When she heard no sign of human life around, she stood up, stretching her somewhat sore limbs as a result of sleeping on her lumpy couch. The television hummed a few feet away from her, frozen on the home screen of the movie Hermione and Draco had watched. She snickered, realizing that he probably didn’t know how to turn it off. Remembering his pronunciation of the word ‘television’ made her smile even wider.

                She lumbered sleepily to the kitchen, the thought of a nice cup of tea on her mind. Just as she reached to the cupboard, she noticed a bit of white paper clumsily taped to it. She frowned, not recalling if she’d written something to herself. She hardly ever wrote reminders, so it looked out of place. A slight tear formed when she attempted to separate the note from the cupboard, but it the words were still clearly legible when she opened it up.

Granger,

 You fell asleep while we were watching that rubbish Muggle invention. I took the liberty of making you more comfortable. Don’t worry, I didn’t touch you. I couldn’t work out how to turn off that blasted device – all the knobs confused me. I was going to stay over to make sure you were okay, but I didn’t deem it prudent concerning my safety for you to find me sleeping a mere few feet away.(Like I’ve said – you throw a hell of a punch) I’ll be waiting outside the Ministry at nine o’ clock. I’d forgotten we didn’t have to get to work until later. I’d like it if you could meet me.

I love you,

Draco.

She smiled down at the letter, aware that she probably looked pretty stupid while doing so. Even the little things made her feel special. She was brought back from her brief moment of bliss when she glanced at the clock and read that it was 8:37. She yelped, dropped the letter, and raced to her bathroom to ready herself.