Chapter 34

Hermione outside of the burrow, stumbling a bit when she landed from her apparation. The house was lit up brightly, and a great deal of sound was coming from the inside of it.

Hermione thought she detected a few screams, but she couldn’t be sure.

She sighed. Luna was probably there, already.

“Hermione!” Ginny’s voice came from the house.

Hermione looked up and felt her face break into a large grin.

“Alright there, Ginny?"

Ginny looked like she was positively glowing. Yeah. Luna was DEFINITELY here. Ginny ran to

hug Hermione. She gripped her tightly, then pulled away, her eyes dancing with pure excitement.

“Luna arrived moments before you! She said you told her to come! I haven’t seen her in so long, thank you, Hermione!” Ginny was panting, getting all the sentence out in one breath.

“Ginny, breathe.” Hermione smiled.

A ne wlook crossed Ginny’s face. She suddenly gripped Hermione’s shoulders.

“We have a LOT to talk about, don’t we Hermione?” She smirked.

Hermione’s face flushed.

“I-I-I-” She stuttered.

Suddenly, Luna came bursting out of the door, breaking into a sprint. She hurdled towards Hermione, her arms spread open. She barreled into her, knocking Ginny out of the way.

“Hermione!” Luna said in her signature dreamy voice.

She released Hermione and gazed at her. Luna had changed quite a bit over the few years they’d been apart. Her blonde hair was still long, but it fell in more defined curls on her back.

Her features had gotten a bit more defined; she’d grown into them. Her eyes kept that same dazed look, though.

“I didn’t get a chance to properly greet you earlier.” Luna smiled.

“I’m glad you came, Luna.”

“Wouldn’t miss it for the world. Besides, I was hoping to inspect some of the Weasley’s garden gnomes.” Luna looked over Hermione’s shoulder towards the garden and a hopeful expression dawned on her face.

“Of course, Luna. Why don’t we go inside?” Hermione said, trying to repress a giggle.

Ginny looked at her, her mouth pressed into a thin line. She was trying to refrain from laughing, as well. It’d been so long since they’d seen Luna that they’d forgotten just how mad she could be sometimes.

“Let’s go inside, Ron’s got something to tell us!” Luna said excitedly.

Both Hermione and Ginny groaned internally. If Ron had anything interesting to say, Hermione would declare herself an idiot. Ron rambled too much, and she didn’t care for it.

Luna looked happy enough, though. She pranced inside, her radish earrings dangling in her ears.

“I can’t believe she still wears those.” Hermione said fondly.

“TALK. Now. Or I will not hinder myself in a crutatious curse.” Ginny threatened.

Hermione knew she was teasing, but the very Mrs. Weasley, no-nonsense look in her eye told her that she’d better get to talking.

“Well, It’s a long story.”

Ginny beckoned to the full house.

“Trust me, no one will notice. We have GOT time.” She demanded forcefully.