Seventeen

Ruby's Pov

As Sapphire was done doing her dance her took her bow and peacefully walked off the stage toward me until she wasn't in site. I stood up and opened my arms out wide so she could jump in them. Soon as she was out of sight of the crowed she sprinted into my arms. We took ahold of each other tightly. She looked up at me with a big smile.

"You were great babe." I said.

"You really think so?"

Soon everyone was surrounding us.

"Of course silly." I said kissing her forehead.

"Great job out there champ. I know my solo didn't beat yours you can bet on that. "

"Thank you lapis." She said

"Shh. Everyone they are about to announced the winners" Amethyst said.

We got quiet.

"The first place award for the best couple dance award goes to..........RUBY AND SAPPHIRE!!!! C'mon out here girls!"

The auditorium thundered with clapping people.We cheered jumping up and down with each other. We soon calmed down and walked out on stage. We stood there and waited for him to call the next awards.

"Alright. This one was my personal favorite solo dance. Lapis Lazuli get on out here."

The crowed clapped and cheered as Lapis came out on stage. I looked at Sapphire who was very excited for her friends achievement run over toward Lapis and give her a hug. The impact must have been hard because Lapis stumbled back alittle before hugging Sapphire back. The crowed Awed. Sapphire walked back over toward me, held my hand gave me a nice warming smile. I smiled back.

Soon the awards were over and everyone went to their one room to get dressed. After that everyone met up in the school parking lot by my car and got in.

"Omg guys I really cant believe that i got first prize!"

"Its not a total surprise Sapphire. You've came a long way." Lapis said.

"Ruby, where are we going?"

"To the party then we can go to my house and have some fun."

Everyone grows quiet for a second and looked at each other.

"PARTYYY" they all yelled in usion.

We all began to laugh . Soon we pulled up to this building. It had to be at least 3 to 4 stories high. There were lights in the bushes so you could kinda see that there were people out. You could hear the music booming threw the doors. I soon found a parking spot and we all got out. We walked up the steps and into the doors.

Sapphire's Pov

As soon as you walk in all you could smell is alcohol. We walked in and i seen Diamond run over to Ruby and hug her.

"I'm so glade you guys made it! Hope you all have fun. Now lets go mingle." Age said pulling Ruby on the dance floor.

I huffed and went to the punch bowl. I smelled it first and poored me a drink. I sat down on a nearby couch and started drinking my punch. Soon somebody sat next to me. I looked up to see Lapis.

"Hey, Sapph why are you by yourself over here and not dancing with us?"

I stopped drinking my punch and sat it down on the table infront of us. I sat back with my arms crossed looking down at peoples dancing feet. I gave out a hard sigh.

"Its just....I'm still unsure about that girl that's hanging with Ruby. I mean I know shes kind and everything but I just can't shake the fact that I cant trust her. No. I'm not jealous I'm just ....I don't know. I just don't trust her."

"Babe, if you wanna hang with Ruby. Let her know. I'm pretty sure she would understand. Why don't you go speak to her?"

"That would be a good idea. Ill just go make conversation with them both." I stood up and grabbed my drink off the table. I made my way over toward them and sat next to Ruby. I brushed against Ruby gently making sure she knows I'm here. She turned around and smiled at me.

"Hey baby. what's up?"

"Nothing. Do you wanna dance?" I asked.

"Duh. Of course." Ruby pulled my hand and lead me to the dance floor leaving Diamond by herself.

Soon me and Ruby were dancing together. We were moving together perfectly doing our own dances. Ruby grabbed my hand and pulled me closer toward her. We stood there for a second looking into each others eyes. We started blushing and giggling nervously at each other. Ruby surprisingly pushed me back not letting go of one hand and bringing me back into a spin were the hands that were not connected, reconnected. We continued dancing and laughing together forgetting that there were even people around us. We were in our own little world of dancing. Soon the music stopped and Ruby dipped me looking into my now revealing eye. We smiled at each other as we heard the constant cheering and applause. We stood up and smiled at each other.

Soon the party was over and we walked out the party. We all were the last ones leaving.

"Man you guys killed it out on the floor, AGAIN! Twice in one day!"

We were constantly laughing and giggling together.

"I know right!"

"Your friend was pretty salty!"

Ruby stopped laughing and stopped in her tracks. I stopped laughing and looked at her.

"Are you ok?"

She smaller outta her train of thoughts and looked at me.

"Yes. I'm fine."She started walking again. We finally reached Ruby's car and all packed inside. Ruby stuck the key in the ignition and turned it but it made a funny sound she tried it again but it did the same thing. She mummbled something and got out the car. She walked toward the front and was about to pop open the hood until someone tackled her onto the ground we all gasped and got out the car. I felt a hand go around my mouth I tried fight back but the more I fought the weaker I got, soon my vision was blurry and my eyes rolled to the back of my head as I fell to the ground.