Thirteen

Soon it was morning time and I looked down at Sapphire to see her sound sleep on my chest. I gave a slight chuckle at her cuteness. She fluttered her eyes opened and looked up at me, she gave a warming smile and I returned the gesture. She sat up and I did as well. I swung my legs over my bed and smiled to myself reminding myself of the fun we had last night.

"Goodmorning Sweetie" I heard Sapphire's soft voice speak from behind me. "Goodmorning love". I stood up and walked to my closest to find what I wanted to wear to dance in, the talent show. I was finally happy with the out if I picked out and walked to my bathroom. I showered brushed my teeth and got out. Soon as I put on my socks boxers and sports bra, Sapphire walked in. I smiled at her eyeing my body. I walked toward her and placed my right hand on her cheek. I started blissfully in her eyes and leaned in to kiss her. I gave her a peck on the lips and left out the bathroom. I got dress I hand on baggy black pants on and a red and light green plaid shirt. I didn't bother buttoning it up. I put on some nerd glasses and low top converse. I grabbed my car keys and went downstairs waiting for Sapphire.

Soon she cane down the steps. She had on a white tank top and red shorts with sandles on. I looked down in her hand to see another set of clothes in her hands.

"Um...what are this for" I questioned.

"For our duet to my song. We are not going to be dress so ......hood like."

I paused and looked at her for a second then busted out in laughter. She looked at me curiously as to why I was laughing. I stopped laughing at her then stared directly at her.

"Babe...These aren't hood clothes. This is my natural style. I'm not girly like you. Now come on so we can get this show on the road."

We walked out to my car and got in. I started the engine and soon we were off to school. I pulled up to my normal parking spot and got out. We walked hand and hand into the school.

Sapphire's pov

All you seen were how excited everyone was about the talent show that's happening at the end of today. I've got to admit I'm pretty nervous about this whole talent show thing. I'm performing 4 times. Once for singing by myself, twice with Ruby and a solo dance.

Soon the bell had rang and Ruby walked me to my locker. We walked to first period together. I seen Ms.Quartz who was very upset looking.

"H..Hi Ms.Quartz"

"Hello girls. Where have you been? You know we had dance practice!"

The room got really quiet. Me and Ruby traded looks for a second then we both passed our looks onto Ms.Quartz who was standing there angry.

"Ms.Quartz....We are sorry we didn't come to dance practice yesterday. Something really important came up and We needed to deal with it." Ruby said taking a breath of relief then looking back up at the teacher.

"All is forgiven, I just hope you still know the steps two both of your songs. I better not see one mess up, Did I make myself clear?"

"Yes ma'am" we both said in usion.

"Good, now take your seats so we can get started on today's lesson."

The day went pretty smoothly until lunch time. I was booking my books away n my locker until I felt a presents behind me. I turned around to be face to face with Lapis.

"What's up?"

"Sapph, I'm so sorry about what I did at the party. I know I put a lot of weight on you. I didn't mean to upset you if i did. I was drunk and stupid. I was just wondering though.....Can we be friends again?"