Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Leah

All day I've been helping Gran with the decorations for the party tonight. Everything looked amazing. There were white and blue roses all around the room with sliver drapes coming down from the ceiling giving the place a complete different look. There was a white stand at the front of the hall where the jazz band where going to play tonight.

"It looks amazing Nan" I said putting my arm around her shoulders "Granddad is going to love it" I said looking at her only to see her eyes a little teary. "What's wrong?" I asked

"Oh, nothing darling honest. It's just all so beautiful you did a great job" she said hugging me tightly.

"We did a good job" I corrected her. 'I'm going to go get ready for tonight" I said going back to my room to get ready.

I had a great dress for tonight and believe it or not it was from H&M, surprise. I really need to start shopping somewhere different now and then. Everything I have is like an H&M catalogue. This dress was a dark purple satin dress that went down just before the knee, showing not too much leg but not too little. I loved it because it didn't make me look fat as it went in at the bust and then flowed out.

As I started getting ready I remembered my plan from this morning. I'm going to try and stay as far away from Chris and Jess as possible tonight and be happy for them. Just because I can't be with him doesn't mean that I should be bitter about who is.

Tonight was going to be hard but if I truly needed to get over him I had to stay away from him.

Chris

"Jess we need to talk" I said seriously to her.

"Oh we do! Daddy said he's so happy with the way that business is going between you both, that he wants to takes us on another week away on the red seas..." she rambled on before I interrupted her.

"Jessica..." I tried to say.

"And we could have the boat as well and sale away from everyone. Romantic right, which..." Oh god she needed to stop.

"Jessica..." I said again.

"Could be just what we both need after this stressful week with the family" she's relentless.

"Jessica that's just it, we both doesn't need that, we both don't need anything anymore"' I had planned to go about this as nice as possible but she's made it so hard.

"What are you saying Chris?" Jess asked. I took a deep breath in and did the speech that I have given to so many girls in the past.

"We can't be together anymore Jess I'm sorry but it was only meant to be a bit of fun, you knew that but things have got too serious between us. It needs to end" I said.

There done. That wasn't too hard.

"You're ending things with me?" she asked turning away from her mirror, to me.

"Yes"

"No!"

"No?"' what the hell did she mean by 'no'.

"No! You can't just end things with me. It's me! Jessica Anderson! Why would you break up with me?" she screamed. Why was she making this so difficult?

"Jessica look, you knew what you were getting yourself in for when we first met. I told you that it wouldn't last long..." I managed to say before so interrupted,

"Long! Christian it's been a month! One month! Is that how long you can go for with just one woman? You're lying to me, why are you really breaking up with me? Tell me!" she said moving around the hotel room like a crazy person. I've never seen a woman react like this before.