Chapter 20 - The Kiss I Thought I'd Never Have

I sat on the swing. Swinging. Back and forth, back and forth. I didn't know what to say. The silence was extremely awkward.

"Roxy..?" Chase starts, clearing his throat.

I slightly glance at him. He was staring at me. Quickly looking away, I say, "Yeah?"

"Do you really believe it?"

"Believe what?" I faced him, interested in what he was asking.

"Believe that in some douchebag who only uses girls for sex?"

I turned away, the awkwardness returning. I gave him a small shrug and whispered, "I don't know..."

"Well, I'm not. I can promise you that. Yeah I used to use girls for sex but I've changed. In fact, I have my heart set on this one girl, and you know her pretty well. I've been trying to get with her for awhile but uh," he frowned looking down, embarrassed. "she's showing no I interest. She's blowing me off. I think...I think I'm in love with her."

I sigh. I'm hearing such romantic words coming out of his mouth right now and I have no idea what I'm going to do. This is Chase we're talking about. Remember? The chase who's addicted to sex. The chase who you think watches porn in his free time.

I fold my hands and face him. Taking a deep breath, I open my mouth the speak. It's time to blow him off, I think to myself. Let him know for yourself that you are not interested in him. Then just get up and walk away.

"She's a very lucky girl." I stand up and walk towards him, sitting on the other swing. I find myself sitting on his lap.

He tucks my hair behind my ears. "I'm in love with you Roxy Gledwer."

"I think I'm in love with you too..." Suddenly, I lean down and kiss him. Abort! Abort! Abort! But I don't. I stay there, wrapping my arms around Chase, pulling him close to me and making mouth to mouth contact with him.

What the hell are you doing Roxy?! This is crazy! Get your tongue out of his mouth right now!

I stop kissing him and smile. "No. I don't think. I am in love with you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Christmas Eve.
Two Months Later

"Merry Christmas bitches!" Danielle walks out of the kitchen with a plate of Christmas sugar cookies. She sits down on the couch with her new boyfriend, Xavier, one of Chases best friends. I lay on the second couch in Chase's lap.

Christmas music plays as the four of us talk and eat cookies.

"Hey look!" Xavier sits up, pointing to the window. We all walk towards the window.

"It's snowing!" Danielle laughs excitedly. She jumps up and down.

Grabbing my coat and boots, I meet Danielle and Xavier outside.

As I close the front door, a cold substance hits me in the face. A snowball. I laugh at Danielle as she dances in the snow. I grab a heap of snow off the ground and throw a snowball at her.

The Christmas lights shine brightly as we run around chasing and throwing snow.

Xavier tackles Danielle and they fall into the snow, kissing.

As I watch, Chase appears next to me. He pulls me close and kisses me.

"Merry Christmas." He says, grinning. "I love you."

"I love you too." I say.