After School Special.

Candles lit the entire hall, glowing on everyones face, the silence was eerie. Liz sighed and gazed around at all the destruct teenagers.

"Carol Lockwood always said that togetherness in times of tragedy leads to healing, that one community is stronger than a thousand of its members. But how does a community stay strong after losing its leader? And Carol was so much more than a leader; she was an open-minded friend and a concerned mother, taken from us too soon by a terrible accident."

Alex sighed quietley, holding her candle close to her she gazed at the flames until she heard commotion coming from below her.

"Screw this!" Tyler whispered harshly, he stood up and made his way out of the hall angrily.

"Tyler!" Caroline tried shouting quietly.

Alex stared at Tyler sympathertically. She knew what it was like to lose someone so close to you, and to lose the only person you had left on this Earth. Granted he was still alive but Tommie wanted nothing to do with his little sister. Not anymore.

"Please join me in observing a minute silence in her memory." Liz's shaky voice shook Alex from her thoughts and gazed at the small light coming from her candle. The colour of the fire, made Alex's whisky eyes gleam in the darkness. Alex held her head in her hands while grasping onto the cream candle in her hand. She looked up slightly her hair dangling from behind. Most people in this town has lost someone, and I was responsible. I could have stopped Damon from killing so many people while he was in Mystic Falls. How am I going to live with all this guilt wrecking me?

Rebekah pushed Stefan in before her and she smirked seeing Elena's reaction.

"Stefan" Elena whispered, she began but Rebekah stopped her.

"Did I say you could move?" Rebekah smirked again as Elena sat back down slowley.

"Class is in session. You've all been compelled; you know the rules. Answer my questions honestly, no disobedience, no one leaves. April, my sweet, take notes. This is how you get answers in this town. Let's start with a little quiz. In the year 1114, my brother learnt, thanks to yours truly, about a brotherhood of vampire hunters with tattoos that grew with each kill. These tattoos revealed what, Elena?" The blonde turned to Elena with a glare but a smile on her face.

"A map" Elena asnwered.

"Which lead to...Caroline?"

Caroline sighed. "A cure for vamprism."

"Perfect, so we're all caught up. Stefan Salvatore, the last time we saw each other, you had a vampire hunter, but in order to decode the map, you needed the location of the hunter's sword, which you got out of me using some very dirty tricks. Assuming you found the sword, you also found the cure, and yet, you're all still vampires, which means something went wrong." Rebekah stated. She turned to April standing near a bookcase.

"What are you doing?" April looked up at Rebekah innocently.

"Oh, you asked me to take notes?" Rebekah laughed slightly.

"I wasn't being literall, darling. But now that you mention it...a flow chart would be nice, which means index cards and push-pins. Go. Fetch" Rebekah smiled. April smiled back and ran out of the room.

Alex was walking down the hallway silently mulling over everything that happened recentley, when she bumped into April.

"April!" She held April's arms so she didn't fall.

"Oh, thanks Alex! Excuse me I have to go." Alex shook her head when April suddenly left. She heard voices coming from inside the library, she glanced around to see if anyone was looking when she went inside.