Chapter 1

REALLY REALLY IMPORTANT NOT AT END

"Jessie! Can you go take care of table 17 for me? I've gotta go get this big order out," my boss called to me from the other side of the kitchen.

I was on my break reading a book on the human body and how muscles work for my Physical Therapy class. College is a struggle in the day and age. Especially when you're on your own and only get a birthday card with ten dollars in it every year for your birthday. Putting yourself though college when you only get tips, is kinda hard.

"Sure thing Sue," I called back and jumped down from the stool as I slammed by book closed.

I quickly pulled my apron on and pulled it around my waist before tying it tightly. As I walked over to table 17 I pulled out my note pad, "Hello everyone! I'm Jessie and I'll be your server today! What can I get you to drink!?" I must've had the fakest cheery voice in the world.

I looked up and saw 3 Chicago Blackhawks sitting in front of me; Patrick Sharp, Kris Versteeg and Jonathan Toews. They all glanced up at me and then back at their menu's.

Sharp was the first to pipe up, "Well Jessie, I'll have a water please and thank you!"

Then Versteeg spoke up, "Lemonade please!" When he looked at me for a brief second our eyes caught. His blue eyes are completely out of this world.

"I'll have a water too," Jonathan Toews was the last one to speak. He didn't sound happy at all and didn't look up at me at all.

Whatever. Probably just a stuck up hockey player.

"Alright. I'll bring those right over and then I'll take your order," I informed as I turned away and began walking towards the kitchen.

"Hey! Jessie! Sorry for Tazer's attitude. He's in a pretty shitty mood and I'm sure he doesn't mean it. Right Jonny," he asked.

I turned and looked at the three at the table. Jonathan didn't say anything, In fact he didn't budge an inch. Then I could physically see Sharp kick him under the table before repeating, "Right Jonny!?"

"Ow," Toews complained rubbing where he got kicked, "Uh yeah. Sorry."

Hockey players.

I walked back to the drink fountain and filled up the cups according to their orders. When I went back over Toews was sitting there looking deadly at the table while Versteeg was deep in conversation with Sharp.

"Here ya guys go! Now, what can I get you guys to eat," I asked once I gave everyone their drinks.

"Ruben," Toews mumbled not even looking up at me. I quickly scribbled it down.

"Fries or coleslaw," I questioned and looked down at him. He looked up from the table and looked my dead in the eyes, long and hard. I can see why people say his stare is scary.

He let out a sigh and looked away before mumbling, "Coleslaw's fine."

I nodded and then looked to Versteeg. He smiled and quickly said, "Cheeseburger please! Pickles, and fried onions, medium rare please! Oh and fries, please and thank you!" 

"Alright. What about you Mr. Sharp," I asked and gave him a little smile.

He smiled directly at me when I called him Mr. Sharp, "I'll have exactly what Captain Toes is having!" Toews looked up at Sharp and gave him the death glare when he pronounced his name wrong.

I giggled and then smiled at the three of them, "Okay! I'll get those orders in right away!"

I quickly strutted off and put their order in before going back into the kitchen and grabbing my school book. Jumping directly into it and taking the notes my professor expected. Thank god it's not all that busy of a night.

Apparently time flew because after a good page and a half Tony, the cook, was calling my name to tell me the order was ready. I jumped up from the stool and grabbed the orders balancing one on my arm. When I got to the table and placed everything down Versteeg gave me a sleek smile.

"Is there anything else I can get for you guys today," I asked and looked at the three of them. Sharp and Versteeg were happily shaking their heads as they took a bite into their Sandwiches. Toews, however, just sat there and played with his coleslaw.

I smiled and walked away before sitting down at front counter and pulling out my book. I was so deep in reading it that I hadn't even noticed that Patrick Sharp was standing in front of me until he fake coughed to get my attention. "Oh! I'm sorry," I exclaimed and jumped up before slamming my opened book down on the counter.

"It's quite alright! Can we get some ketchup? Steeger's dumbass forgot to ask," he told me as he nodded back to the table when Versteeg was looking at us. He quickly waved and then motioned to his fries.

I nodded and reached under the counter gabbing a bottle of Ketchup. "Here ya go Mr. Sharp!"

He smiled and me before grabbing it and turning away. I studied the table briefly, why is Toews so out of it? That's the the Toews I've heard about in the past.

As the night slowly went on the three Blackhawks shuffled out the door but not before Versteeg could quickly shout my name and blow me a kiss. I shook my head giggling before I waved back.

I shook my head and placed my book down on the counter before going over to their table and cleaning up. When I saw what the tip that they gave me was my knee nearly gave out. 25 dollars. I know what you're thinking "Ooo big deal 25$!" But you know what!? That's sometimes more than what I make each day on tips.

I smiled and happily stuffed it into the punch in my apron. Wowza. 25$. Maybe I can actually afford to buy myself dinner tonight...

Ya know, being a college student can be hard. My parents didn't want me to go to college hence why they basically refused to pay for my tuition. They said "you need to stay here on the farm! You can't go to college." So I ran. I got onto the first train to the nearest big city: Chicago.

"Jessie! You can take home the coffee cake! It's getting too dry and you need it more than Tony or I," Sue informed as she went to the front and turned off the opened sign.

Sweet! Free dinner... For the next 3 days at least... AND BREAKFAST!

IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE

~~~

Okay, So I may not update for a few days. I will assure you that I have written 9 chapters so far... I want to see how many people will be interested in this book. Be sure to comment and let me know what you think! Oh, and please share with friends!

Thanks guys!!

:)